Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with occasional static sometimes severe with the satellite radio? Sirius/XM said I might need a new receiver/decoder which resides on the back of the RER NAV system.

Anyone gone down this path before?

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
Anyone have issues with occasional static sometimes severe with the satellite radio? Sirius/XM said I might need a new receiver/decoder which resides on the back of the RER NAV system.

Anyone gone down this path before?
@quickster2;

You should not have any static whatsoever on Sirius/XM. You definitely have some kind if issue with the Sirius XM side of your radio - what that is - who knows, there are a few possibilities that jump to mind.

Could be a dying Sirius XM receiver/decoder;

Could be a break of fray in your Sirius XM antenna wire somewhere - or a problem with the Sirius XM antenna itself.

There is no way to pin it down unfortunately, without taking the time to check each possibility, one at a time.

When I first bought Big Blue, my Sirius XM did not work at all, the head unit turned on and the regular FM radio & CD player worked fine, but I could not receive a Sirius XM activation signal; It turns out, my antenna wire (the longest part of it, which runs through the headliner back to the antenna) was actually broken. How in God's Green earth that happened, I couldn't tell you. And of course, you can't buy just the antenna wire, so, I had to buy a new antenna - just to get the wire that comes along with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts