Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stay away from Smithaven Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler in Smithtown NY, see my other thread "Major Transmission Problem", for details of my toubles with my Comamnder, I am from South Carolina and was visiting family on Long Island when I started having problems, I was the first online waiting for the dealership to open when I was rudly told without an appointment I would not be serviced even on an emergency situation. Even in this situation whene my brand new Jeep commander was inoperable and I was stuck 800 miles from home.

They did take the Jeep in and look at it, in the mean time the offered me a ride to where I was staying and told me they would come back an dpick me up when they were done, they called to tell me it was done but they would not come and pick me up where they dropped me off, becuase that guy went home early, they left me stranded. Than I found out they did not fix the vehicle, they also refused to complete a Service Bulletin which affected my car, becuase they felt if was not part of the Emergency service they were going to provide, they literaly through the paprer work at me.

The next day, after still having the same problem I asked if I shoulc call DCX about the problem with the Commander I was than told in response "If you call DCX we will not service your vehicle, I don't need that kind of trouble for our dealership, you can leave now." I imediatly called DCX of coarse and filled them in on all of this, they tried calling the service manager who would not take their call.

I asked to speak to him numerous times and at one point waited for him for over 30 minutes just to have someone come out who said he was the service managers apprentice, I went over everything with him and he really didnt seem to care, he said we were short handed its the owners fault,I asked wh I couldnt talk to the Service manager he said, that he was too busy.

I asked if there was a manager over the Dealership I was told no. It wa owned by a group called "The Smithaven Auto Group" They really dont care about the customer.

I would reccomend that anyone stay far away from them as possible, I hope Jeep takes their 5 stars away as they clearly don't deserve them.

David

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
david803sc said:
I imediatly called DCX of coarse and filled them in on all of this, they tried calling the service manager who would not take their call.
Nice, with an attitude like that, DCX should sever all ties with them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The sad part about all this is DCX really does not give a hoot either. Call their customer service number in the owners manual and see for yourself. All they say they will do is contact the dealer on your behalf but it is really up to the dealer to resolve the concerns. They will also tell you some BS about it is all in the dealer licensing agreements and their hands are tied. You will also never hear about a dealer loosing their 5 star rating or their license even though they should. The "big three" wonder why they find themselves in so much trouble and continue to loose market share to the competition. With experiences like yours, the poor customer service, and the lack of concern by DCX and dealerships its no wonder. I wish you luck with your problems.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Commander Ron said:
...The sad part about all this is DCX really does not give a hoot either. Call their customer service number in the owners manual and see for yourself. ...
Commander Ron hit it right on. I have contacted DCX CS a couple of times regarding the ongoing issues with my XK and get the same BS... we will contact the dealership or the regional manager. I also agree that the Big Three are loosing market share because of their poor customer service and poor quality.

What happened to the days where "the customer is always right" :confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I found out the next day the "Apprentice" guy was just another service writer, so now they even lied to me, I saw the service manager and he would not speak to me. This dealership has no accountability at all to anyone apparently.

On the plus side the mechanic was great, he did anice job even performed a service bulletin, the one that you need to flash the FCM to fix ambient tempature readings, the new software was three versions newer than what I had to begin with, so some other stuff was probably corrected, when the mechanic handed the paper work in the service writer yelled at him right in front of me, for doing the bulletin, said he was going to get screwed for the time, the mechanic gave me a smile and walked away from the service writer, this delearship needs to get rid of all the service writers and put the mechanics in charge, if not for them, I may have not made it home.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts