Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks..
Wanted to share the recent upgrades I made for my audio system. I performed 100% of the work and customization.

4 Channel Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P400.4 (125w x 4 @ 2 ohms each)
2 Channel Amp for Sub: Kenwood KAC-7205 (500w x 1 @ 4 ohms)
Amp wiring kit: Rockford Fosgate RFK4D dual amp 4 gauge
4 gauge "Big Three Upgrade" (Batt + to Alt +, Batt - to Alt mounting bolt/Engine Block, Batt - to chassis using one of the upper strut bolts)
Battery: Optima Yellow Top D34-78
Capacitor: 2 Farad DB Link with LED voltage display
Subwoofer: 1 x 12' Kenwood KFC-W3013PS
Subwoofer Box: Ported 1.98 Cubic Feet, Port length is 11 inches, used online calculators to determine the correct size and length
Dash Speakers 3.5 Infinity Reference 3022cf
Front Door Speakers: 6x9 Infinity Kappa 639.9i
Rear Speakers: 6.5 Infinity Reference 6032cf
16 gauge speaker wire ran to door speakers
Dash speakers are running off the factory BA Amp
Dynamat installed on all doors

Subwoofer grill is from a screen door security gate. Cover plate is 1/8 steel which I designed and cut using a rotary dremel.

"Commander" badge was made by snapping a photo of the name on the passenger door, then enlarging and printing to the actual size. Then cut out the letters and traced on to 1/8 steel and cut with a rotary dremel.

For the capacitor mounting location, I removed the existing storage tray which left a nice spot to display the LED's. I cut a piece of plexiglass then tinted it with some 20% tint I got as scrap from a local shop. The black trim came from austozone. It's typically used to install on the edge of the doors.

Amp rack was made from some rack mounting equipment I had layin around from my DJ gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics of the installation

more pics of the installation

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prior to painting and mounting the Commander logo, had the letters laying on my workb

Prior to painting and mounting the Commander logo, had the letters laying on my workbench and well......... :icon_biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Wow man, nice work. Good job. How does it sound?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow man, nice work. Good job. How does it sound?
Thank you!!!!
It sounds amazing... crisp, clean and loud!!!
The bass i get from that 1 sub is unbelievable. i switched to a ported box and the sub came alive.
You really have to hear it bc words cant describe the sound.
I spent the time to do it right which has helped the light dimming issue. The battery upgrade was huge along w the big 3 upgrade. def a must for any audio system.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Now that's impressive !

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
The photos do the install no justice.

Todd brought it by my home a week and a half ago......looks absolutely factory till he opens the custom made enclosures.....till then, looks like the seats are just folded down.

Sound quality was really beyond description.....suffice to say 'crisp' is an understatement.

Well done!

Rob

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The photos do the install no justice.

Todd brought it by my home a week and a half ago......looks absolutely factory till he opens the custom made enclosures.....till then, looks like the seats are just folded down.

Sound quality was really beyond description.....suffice to say 'crisp' is an understatement.

Well done!

Rob
Gee, Thanks Robby!!!
Blushing... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts