Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 08’ Likited and started doing some work to her. Rims, tires and lift are next week.
Does anyone know of a bumper fabricator in the tri-state area? I’ve been looking but coming up empty. Would like front and rear steel bumpers.
ALSO WILLING TO BUY USED IF ANYONE IS SELLING.
Thanks -
Chris.

·
Administrator
15,247 Posts
@chching711 There are currently 2 companies in the US that make steel bumpers for the Commander, WAM and JeepSteel.

Reactions: chching711

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Hey Chris - congrats on the new ride. Yours is nearly identical to mine and it turns out I’m at about the same upgrade stage. OME lift, JBA UCAs, new LCAs and new wheels/tires being installed today and tomorrow. Replaced the rusted exhaust yesterday with a Magnaflow. Good question on the bumpers...looking for a good option myself for a front winch bumper. Considering Jeepsteel.com but they’re in Louisiana.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea - and WAM is in Georgia. The rear bumper alone is like $1500 plus shipping and I’ve heard all sorts of stories on shipping times. From 8 weeks to 6 months. So I’m a little weary. Funny enough. I also have to replace the exhaust. Doing the same. I’m going with Rockstar 2 rims and Nitto 265/70/17 G2’s. Good luck! Send some pics after the lift.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
That price sounds nuts...especially if you have to wait an unknown amount of time for it. I went with Method Racing 305 wheels and 255/70/17 BFG All Terrains...was worried about rubbing with anything larger. Should have pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yea - and WAM is in Georgia. The rear bumper alone is like $1500 plus shipping and I’ve heard all sorts of stories on shipping times. From 8 weeks to 6 months. So I’m a little weary. Funny enough. I also have to replace the exhaust. Doing the same. I’m going with Rockstar 2 rims and Nitto 265/70/17 G2’s. Good luck! Send some pics after the lift.
Nice choice of tires.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
you should try looking on IG for a fabricator in your area. i found near me in LA,CA. $1400 for an original steel tube bumper design with winch mount and skid plate.

other than that jeepsteel.com have decent prices with nice design. they are in the south and have quoted me a shipping time of 4-6 weeks.

good luck on your quest!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you should try looking on IG for a fabricator in your area. i found near me in LA,CA. $1400 for an original steel tube bumper design with winch mount and skid plate.

other than that jeepsteel.com have decent prices with nice design. they are in the south and have quoted me a shipping time of 4-6 weeks.

good luck on your quest!
Hey thanks! Going with Jeepsteel this week. Front and rear. Great price. Said I’ll have them by mid July. Perfect timing for me.

·
Administrator
15,247 Posts
Looking good!

·
Administrator
6,290 Posts
Looking good @chching711;

Just a note on the jeepsteel bumpers; They are cheaper than the WAM bumpers for sure - but you get what you pay for. I have a WAM hidden winch mount custom Steel front bumper with Smitty-built 9500 winch & dual PIAA Halogen fog lights.

I've been told there is a noticeable difference in quality between the WAM & jeepsteel bumpers and have had other members who have the jeepsteel bumpers installed tell me as much. You can also see it if you looks at pics of them.

However if that's what fits your budget, then roll with it. Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get them installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts