Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it is possible to add the steering wheel radio controls to an 07 sport? Not sure if that is a Mopar part that can be ordered and installed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks. Looks like quite a bit of work for someone who is not handy (like me). To your knowledge, is this a dealer installable item, or will they balk at the thought of doing that? I'm looking to have them install the ipod integration kit, so I figured they could do both (and Sirius installed in the wife's commander).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will cost a lot more. The dealer labor charges are outrageous, but at least it will be done right (I hope).

·
Registered
218 Posts
stratamet said:
Cool, thanks. Looks like quite a bit of work for someone who is not handy (like me). To your knowledge, is this a dealer installable item, or will they balk at the thought of doing that? I'm looking to have them install the ipod integration kit, so I figured they could do both (and Sirius installed in the wife's commander).

I am actually getting this done this week.

I purchased a used leather steering wheel that had radio controls from LKQ on Ebay. It cost $50 and my dealer is going to install it for about $80. I am upgrading from the base model steering wheel.

They had another one for sell when I purchased mine. You might want to check it out. Should be a nice upgrade. YB provided great instructions.

YB, the steering wheel I purchased came with the steering harness. There is a place to connect the steering harness to engage the controls correct? I saw on your instructions that yours had it but I wanted to make sure that was across the board on all models. My dealer wasn't sure and he said he wouldn"t know until he opened it up.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Just looked, they don't have a leather steering wheel available right now except for a Liberty.

·
Registered
218 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
Just looked, they don't have a leather steering wheel available right now except for a Liberty.

You might want to give them a call. They are pretty big company with lots of locations. If you call their reps they can check their database for availablity of certain items.

Alot of times they list things and if they don't sell they relist them a couple of weeks later.

I will let you know how the install goes with the dealership.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I wish their site allowed me to program the car & part once and then do a search of all their yards. This is tedious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
I wish their site allowed me to program the car & part once and then do a search of all their yards. This is tedious.
car-part.com

Will alow you to search LKQ Corp inventory as well as most other yards, and you can do a single nationwide search if you wish, showing all results at once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 4 posts or more. Posts in the OffTopic section do not count.
:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts