Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might know about this already but I just picked it up from the Carhack forum.

There is no mention of this in the manual for my REC Nav Unit but try this.

Put your screen into Nav Mode so that the map is displayed.

Press and hold the center button on the right hand steering wheel control for 5 seconds and a little steering wheel icon will appear next to the time in the bottom right of the screen.

You can then use the left hand steering wheel control to control the Nav.
Center button enters menu and up/down buttons scroll through then centre button to enter. To get back to map screen, tap right centre button. To return the S.W. controls ro radio press and hold the right centre button for 5secs again.

Just tested it and it works.

You all probably new this already and I look like a duffer but what the hell:)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The steering wheel controls also integrate with Uconnect while you are on a call. The right button allows you to confirm the dialing prompts. The left button allows you to hang up an in-progress call.

·
Registered
240 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
The steering wheel controls also integrate with Uconnect while you are on a call. The right button allows you to confirm the dialing prompts. The left button allows you to hang up an in-progress call.
sweet, i had no idea

·
Registered
437 Posts
Does the steering wheel controls doing anything for the 6 disc radio other than what the manual says?

Any secrets I don't know about?

·
Registered
476 Posts
walkjon said:
Does the steering wheel controls doing anything for the 6 disc radio other than what the manual says?

Any secrets I don't know about?
One gripe I have always had was that there is no fast forward or reverse for the CD - or so I thought :eek:

I accidently realized if you hold the left hand up or down control buttonon the stearing wheel the CD will seak forward or backward. Probably in the manual - but who has time to read through a book that is over 2 inches thich! :D

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Here is another one... press and HOLD the left middle button from any mode (except in-call) and it will start the Uconnect prompt. So you can make a call without ever removing your hands from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
Here is another one... press and HOLD the left middle button from any mode (except in-call) and it will start the Uconnect prompt. So you can make a call without ever removing your hands from the steering wheel.
That's darned handy. So far my biggest gripe was that I had to re-adjust the mirror after hitting the uconnect button - no matter how soft I press, I always seem to jar it out of position.

!c

1 - 12 of 12 Posts