Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Commander (not limited) and it has the single CD radio. If I add steering wheel radio controls will they work with the bottom end radio?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yes. I have the 2006 base model commander and installed the steering wheel controls. The plug for the controls is already in the steering column. The hardest part is cutting the holes, but that's just because it takes some time and care, not because it is particularly difficult. There's a post with step-by-step instructions up here somewhere.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I completed the install of the switches today, about 2 hours. Great write up from YB Normal.

I have made a hole template to make the job easier. I used an Avery name tag self-adhesive sheet. (hence the reason for 8, 4 left side, 4 right side) Printed out the template, positioned on steering wheel back panel (pay attention to YB Normal's pictures for left and right), and use a dremel, hand file and small utility knife.

I've attached the the template PDF. Please check against the dimensions shown to make sure the printout is to scale.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks Jim...adding for future users is always accepted...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts