Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
Purchased a unit off of eBay, and will test it and install asap... Will take some pics and let you know what happens.

If you see a picture of an open sunroof, you'll know it was a successful mission.
Sounds like a plan @CANYONERO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased a unit off of eBay, and will test it and install asap... Will take some pics and let you know what happens.

If you see a picture of an open sunroof, you'll know it was a successful mission.
Help me!
I have a 2007 Jeep Commander V8 Hemi with sunroof issue, amongst a few others. Problem began when I started seeing black plastic pieces in floor, but wasn't noticing anything with sunroof had no problems be opening or closing, never noticed anything falling etc. Then I went to close sunroof and suddenly heard what sounded like a brick coming through the sunroof. Ends up sunroof did close but seems to be off track, gap on front passenger side of sunroof and diagonal back corner of driver side. So I have water coming in when it rains, which is cause a butt load of problems to my list and frankly I'm getting more pissed off every day. I love my Commander, she has a lot of miles so clearly things need replacing,.no problem, but this sunroof thing is BS. Shouldn't the sunroof have the wind reflector? Maybe wrong term? Just seems there is some fault from manufacturer going on and if even not I just want to fix issue. There is one place near me that repairs sunroofs and guy wants $75 just to do estimate and that seems like a rip off because it locks me into using his service since fee is nonrefundable. I'm fairly handy and my dad is incredibly knowledgeable and mechanical but still we need a guide on this which cannot be found. I need an actual book in my hand, Hanes manual ya know. And not only can I not find parts, obviously vehicle isn't made anymore, so what's gonna be compatible? What I'm going to do now is head to local pull a part junk yard and see if I can find a commander and I'm going to pull the sunroof out, take note of undoing it so I can come home and fix mine with parts I get and knowledge I gained from I guess you'd saying working in reverse? Not sure what else I can do, gotta do something. I'm in the south, it's summer and I happen to also have AC issue, frankly I'd rather have my sunroof open and windows down rather than AC any day no matter the temp outside. Any pointers, ideas, references welcomed and needed. Help this gagirl please!

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
Help me!
I have a 2007 Jeep Commander V8 Hemi with sunroof issue, amongst a few others. Problem began when I started seeing black plastic pieces in floor, but wasn't noticing anything with sunroof had no problems be opening or closing, never noticed anything falling etc. Then I went to close sunroof and suddenly heard what sounded like a brick coming through the sunroof. Ends up sunroof did close but seems to be off track, gap on front passenger side of sunroof and diagonal back corner of driver side. So I have water coming in when it rains, which is cause a butt load of problems to my list and frankly I'm getting more pissed off every day. I love my Commander, she has a lot of miles so clearly things need replacing,.no problem, but this sunroof thing is BS. Shouldn't the sunroof have the wind reflector? Maybe wrong term? Just seems there is some fault from manufacturer going on and if even not I just want to fix issue. There is one place near me that repairs sunroofs and guy wants $75 just to do estimate and that seems like a rip off because it locks me into using his service since fee is nonrefundable. I'm fairly handy and my dad is incredibly knowledgeable and mechanical but still we need a guide on this which cannot be found. I need an actual book in my hand, Hanes manual ya know. And not only can I not find parts, obviously vehicle isn't made anymore, so what's gonna be compatible? What I'm going to do now is head to local pull a part junk yard and see if I can find a commander and I'm going to pull the sunroof out, take note of undoing it so I can come home and fix mine with parts I get and knowledge I gained from I guess you'd saying working in reverse? Not sure what else I can do, gotta do something. I'm in the south, it's summer and I happen to also have AC issue, frankly I'd rather have my sunroof open and windows down rather than AC any day no matter the temp outside. Any pointers, ideas, references welcomed and needed. Help this gagirl please!
@Khirstgagirl; First off, welcome to the forum;

There are some pretty good references earlier in this thread about removing the headliner which would probably be one of the first steps to take if you were going to try & repair or replace your sunroof.

Have you looked at, or read those references yet?

If you have, what specific steps are you looking for help with? Trying to repair your sunroof or trying to replace it?

To give you more guidance, you'd have to have a reasonable idea of what exactly is wrong.

Here are a couple of YouTube links that might be helpful; I'd watch the first one closely;

Hope this helps & welcome aboard.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts