Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't turn it on at all for radio, CD, or satellite. No clock shows up either. Nor does it work when key turned to ACC and engine is off. I can still eject and load CDs which makes me think this isn't a fuse problem.

TSB 08-018-06 states that this has been a problem but should still work in ACC key position.

Anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just had to have mine replaced....with 5 cd's still stuck in it...they claim I'll get those back in a week

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the problem was a low battery. Today I walked out and it wouldn't even turn over. I guess maybe the jeep shuts down the radio when the battery gets low. Jump started it and the radio works fine. Hmmm.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You may want to keep an eye on your battery....and carry some jumper cables with you. Mine did the same thing after about 8 or 9 months of having it.....battery wouldn't keep a charge. I believe there was a TSB on this issue with a bad batch of batteries in some Commanders. I ended up having my battery replaced by the dealership after a half a dozen or so jumps. I haven't had any other issues since getting the battery changed out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts