Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stick shift knob on my 2006 Commander is chipped and has a sharp edge. I wanted to replace it, but it's something like $180 with my dealer. Any ideas? :icon_confused:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
since there are no buttons or anything on the shifter you can pretty much put any one on there that will fit. I have been thinking of making one of these to fit

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Uber, that one will probably work good for you but my wife had one in her CJ which was stick shift and it was not very comfortable to grip. The pin and the grip are also loose so they rattle around when you drive. I was going to pull the pin out and bolt it in but I was worried the jeep would blow up. LOL If you want that one let me know because the wife doesn't want it anymore and its no good to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I checked the two sticks on ebay...one was about doubled the price of the other. Then the next day I opened an ebay account, and the cheaper one was gone. Still it is way more reasonable than the dealer's price. I learned that it is sometimes best to act fast with ebay.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Dont forget about someday selling your Commander. I consider it a luxury SUV. I would get the chrome Mopar part for $60. If it were a Wrangler, I would probably just wrap it with duct tape. Just my opinion.

·
2,248 Posts
Ib that case, I might get this one for myself.

I would be concerned that in a routine traffic stop you might end up with your nose in the dirt because of that shifter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts