Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to swap out the stock amp in the Boston Acoustics upgrade system for a higher wattage amp? Any advice or comments would be great. Thanks

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
The BA amp is a 6 channel amp. The rear doors (2 channels) are full range, the front doors (2 channels) are low range, and the dash (2 channels) are mid/high range. Kicker came out with a replacement amp but found out later it wouldn't work for the above stated reason. I'd call Crutchfield and ask them if anyone has ever come up with a compatable replacement, because I am unaware of one. :stickpoke:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dead Amplifier

I have a 2008 Commander that apparently the amplifier has died on. I am looking to try and buy a replacement that I can just install without having to mod anything else. Is there any place that I can purchase one? I have not been able to find an exact replacement anywhere online

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Yes there are replacements by other brands, one of them is kicker.
The kicker amp will not work in the Commander. The Commander is 6 channel, and the Kicker is 8 channel. Some of the sound will be lost, and if memory serves me, there is no bass with the Kicker. There are threads on this that Kicker realized their mistake after they put it on the market. If you go to the Mopar accessories site (under jeep.com - for owners), you will see that the Kicker speaker upgrades are still available, but not the amp. So, as far as I know, no one makes a 6 channel amp to replace the BA amp. That being said, I would try a salvage yard. The BA amp is located behind the third row side panel, driver's side. :eek:rangehat:

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hey Kbristol84, Are you sure it is the amp? Whats it doing? I got an amp off ebay that I dont need.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The kicker amp will not work in the Commander. The Commander is 6 channel, and the Kicker is 8 channel. Some of the sound will be lost, and if memory serves me, there is no bass with the Kicker. There are threads on this that Kicker realized their mistake after they put it on the market. If you go to the Mopar accessories site (under jeep.com - for owners), you will see that the Kicker speaker upgrades are still available, but not the amp. So, as far as I know, no one makes a 6 channel amp to replace the BA amp. That being said, I would try a salvage yard. The BA amp is located behind the third row side panel, driver's side. :eek:rangehat:
What panel the big huge one with the ac ducs on it....photo maybe?

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
What panel the big huge one with the ac ducs on it....photo maybe?
That is the passenger side! It's on the driver's side. The big panel with the cup holders for the third row! :eek:rangehat:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts