Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every day (dry or wet), my front fog lights seem to have condensation on the inside of both the lenses.

Its not often I use them, and sometimes I put them on for a short stint just to dry them out.

They're not cracked or damaged in any way....is this normal with the Commander?

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
Every day (dry or wet), my front fog lights seem to have condensation on the inside of both the lenses.

Its not often I use them, and sometimes I put them on for a short stint just to dry them out.

They're not cracked or damaged in any way....is this normal with the Commander?
Had that problem with the headlight housings on my Grand Cherokee. Dealer replaced them under warranty.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had that problem with my passenger side tail light. I inspected the housing and seals and could not find a crack or cut seal. My dealer replaced the whole assy. under warranty.

·
Registered
488 Posts
no issue with the foglights on my CRD, I would imagine its a warranty item as they should hve a proper seal.

when the indicator unit on the wifes Skoda started to condensate and it pooled the dealer changed at a service under warranty.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Are you forgetting who we are talking about and his dealer experiences?
I think his dealer would be the last person to refer him to!!

You might try a seal around the housing.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
When I first purchased my 06 there was condensation in the fog lights had them replaced under warranty and not had a problem since.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Are you forgetting who we are talking about and his dealer experiences?
I think his dealer would be the last person to refer him to!!

You might try a seal around the housing.

UKC did say he was going to use a dealer closer to work , could be a good way of seeing how good the new dealer is .

or if he does go to the existing dealer then as the Kaiser Chiefs say

I predict a riot :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
My foglights are constantly fogged too, I use mine alot and they are allways cracking on me. Im on my 3rd pair, luckily they are reletively inexpensive and very easy to replace. (ive done it twice now)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts