Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am putting this here since I was not sure where else it should go.

2009 Jeep Commander Sport 2wd 3.7L V6

I had a flat tire on this past Saturday and everything was great until I attempted to jack my Commander up to put on the spare tire. The jack would not lift the vehicle enough to put on the spare tire. Fortunately, the SafeClear guy showed up and had a couple of 2X4's that I set the jack on allowing me to raise my Commander enough to put on the spare tire.

Has anyone else had this issue?

How in the hell could the jack be this inadequate?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have had a flat on the right rear once. You need to put the jack under the axle in order to lift the tire off the ground. Reason being is these Jeeps have a lot of articulation as they were designed to drive on and off road.

You can find jacking locations in the owners manual.

I hope you never get another flat but if you do you will find the jack works just fine.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Long ago and far away i made a post that you should test your jack before you need it.
I had the same problem. Would not lift the XK. Then someone told me I didnt place it right.

They were right.....

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I have had a flat on the right rear once. You need to put the jack under the axle in order to lift the tire off the ground. Reason being is these Jeeps have a lot of articulation as they were designed to drive on and off road.

You can find jacking locations in the owners manual.

I hope you never get another flat but if you do you will find the jack works just fine.
Exactly - I rotate my tires myself, I installed my SpiderTrax myself, and I have to remove them/reinstall them everytime I have service concerning wheels/tires/brakes. All done with the Commander's jack. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. I need to look at it again, because I thought I had it place right, but obviously I did not.

Do any of you carry a floor jack or a hydraulic of any sort? If so, does it have a bag? How do you store it? I really busted a knuckle while using the stock jack and I would much rather have a hydraulic jack if possible.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I have tried a floor jack and a couple bottle jacks. Nothing has worked any
better than the stock jack.

I am not a professional and my jacks are not the best or biggest.

I had to clean a little pebble out of my wheel on the trail once and it did the
job well....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts