Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Cant understand why DCX would put in a sirius head reciever, and not put in a decent display. Also, there are no speakers for 3rd row, or a subwoofer for system..... This is really my only gripe so far for my Commander. I have a few other minor complaints on design, but mostly LOVE it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It is my understanding that if you have the BA Audio upgrade (on Limited) the two front door speakers are the woofs. I know that when I turn the audio up I get a real nice massage on my left leg :cool:

Cannot speak for the base system but the BA system is pretty nice.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
On the Boston Acoustics system there is plenty of bass. Maybe not enough to blast out your neighbors windows, but enough to get good clear, wide-range, audio.

The navigation system is missing some of the cool Sirius features (jump to traffic, game and song alerts, 45-minute recording) that my XJ's aftermarket Sirius addon has but I have no complaints about the display.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the BA amp and speakers on the basic single disk CD player with Sirius. I wasnt saying the Bass from the front door speakers isnt good, just that the stereo system is lacking. The sound quality overall is good, but I'd prefer a more balanced system that has great sound in all corners, not just the front seat.

1. No speakers for 3rd row
2. No Sub woofer in sound system.
3. The only way you know you are in Sat mode is the tiny (did I say tiny) SAT indicator in the screen. Why bother putting the reciever in and not a good screen. My 2000 Olds Silhouette Minivan had a screen that scrolled the song and station info if it was broadcasted.

And lets be honest, the speakers in the rear doors, even with the BA system are marginal. It's this bottomline crunching that really turns me off towards American car manufacturers. Why have sat radio when you cant see what freaking station you are playing...... and you dont have the information that makes sat radio so cool.

Bottom line for me is that we have a $40K vehicle with the same design and thought as the $15K Dodge Caliber............. There is NO way I will renew the sirius contract unless I change out the head.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I think the audio is just fine. But some people like more bass, so I guess it is a matter of preference. If you have the navigation system it does display the song.

You complain about the bass but I have heard the bass in a Lexus GS and it is lacking depth.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rubicontrail.net said:
I think the audio is just fine. But some people like more bass, so I guess it is a matter of preference. If you have the navigation system it does display the song.

You complain about the bass but I have heard the bass in a Lexus GS and it is lacking depth.
OK, I'll repeat myself :D No Nav system........ Base head unit with Sirius and BA amp and speakers. The Sound quality is good for front seat passengers......... NO complain there. In the second row though, the speakers are below average, and no speakers at all in 3rd row, no sub woofer in the system, and the audio systems without nav have no display for the sat signal.

My comment was and is that DCX should have invested a little more time, planning and $$ in the system, better 2nd row speakers (at least equal to front row), include 3rd row speakers, and a sub woofer option. It's a parts bin thing and dissapointing in an otherwise stellar vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts