Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am a new forum member. I joined a few weeks back and have been reading your threads and stickies learning quite a bit. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experience. :bowdown:

Earlier this month I picked up an 06 Commander Limited, 4.7V8 63,000 miles, Dark Khaki exterior, Saddle interior. Bone stock garage kept grocery getter.

She seems to have some of the typical ailments you all discuss, like the front end clunk. I will be sending her in for some service in a few days to have all new bushings upper/lower control arm bushings and sway bar bushings installed.

While she is in and the front end is torn apart I thought...

I'll lift the front a little to level her out. I tried reaching out to Robby about his spacer but haven't received a reply. It looks like he hasn't posted here since 2012, so I am going to try an alternate route and use the Bilstein 5100's on the 1.5" setting if I can find a set.

While that was being done...

Since I don't like the stock five spoke aluminum wheels and I have a mis matched set of tires. Mis-matched tires drive me crazy. So I will replace them. I found a set of stock six poke 17 takeoff's from a 2010 Grand Cherokee with 245/65/R17 tires with less than 5000 miles for an excellent price. But I am not positive they will fit. Can anyone verify if these wheels ill fit a 2006 Commander?:bowdown:

Thanks in advance for your help.

DRC

·
Registered
180 Posts
They'll fit. 2005-2010 and 2006-2010 Commanders are on the same platform and basically only differ in sheet metal and interior panels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I picked up the set of stock 6 spoke GC rims with the 245/76R17 tires and mounted them on the Commander. What a difference in looks and ride. Funny thing is the front end "clunk" went away. I am going to replace the sway bar bushings anyway. My Commander is in having the sensors programmed, also having a broken head stud repaired while she is in. I was hoping to mount Bilstein 5100's on the front at the same time. Unfortunately I received rears so back they went. I asked about the fronts they stated out of stock at the moment. I couldn't find fronts anywhere so I called Bilstein USA East Coast after market division, they are back ordered until mid April. I found a 2" front leveling kit. Not sure what to do wait for the 5100's or get the leveling kit?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I picked up the set of stock 6 spoke GC rims with the 245/76R17 tires and mounted them on the Commander. What a difference in looks and ride. Funny thing is the front end "clunk" went away. I am going to replace the sway bar bushings anyway. My Commander is in having the sensors programmed, also having a broken head stud repaired while she is in. I was hoping to mount Bilstein 5100's on the front at the same time. Unfortunately I received rears so back they went. I asked about the fronts they stated out of stock at the moment. I couldn't find fronts anywhere so I called Bilstein USA East Coast after market division, they are back ordered until mid April. I found a 2" front leveling kit. Not sure what to do wait for the 5100's or get the leveling kit?

Get in contact with (Nick) Kolak @ jeepforum. I purchased my bilstein 5100 struts from him. Highly recommended.

The bilstein 5100 struts for the xk/wk get backordered all the time, he usually has some though.

I am running 5100's @ 1.5" in the front and stacked 2 additional spring insulators on each side in the rear so my XK still has a slight rake.

stock with worn Forteras

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1832030&cc=1445122&jnid=414&jpid=0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts