Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am still trying to figure out a lift for the commander....i like my factory wheels.. but i was wondering if any one here uses the factory wheels with their 4" lift? any pics would help...and i was thinkin if i use the factory wheels i would mate them with spacers for sure

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I'm using both my factory wheels and another set of factory wheels from an '09 JK Rubicon. They have virtually idential offset and both work fine with the 1.5" Spidertrax spacers.

Stock wheels -

Factory Rubi wheels (and tires) -

·
Registered
136 Posts
what the heck is that animal running off to the right of the second photo!?

Beautiful Commander!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
a49er - I've noticed that before too. I think the Rubi wheels look nicer than the originals.

Canadian - I've been running the lift for about a year now and I still have not added the module. I disable the ESP every time I drive it. If I don't, it activates constantly on slow, sharp corners. I may add it soon, but it's not 100% necessary to add the module if you're okay dealing with the side effects of the lift.

Edit - just read your next post. You can find the lift for less than $2,000 and my Jeep dealership charged me $850-ish for the install. Shop around a little. If you get the 4", you won't regret it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i realize that there may be cheaper prices out there...problem i have is that the 4x4 scene isn't as big up here.so there are few shops that deal with lifts..especialy the super lift...most shops around here deal with BDS, Trail Master, Revtek

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
well i ditched the 4" lift idea...I just called my local 4x shop...super lift 4" is $4300 !!!!!!!! so im gunna grab a BDS 2"
I found a place online that is currently selling the superlift for $1600 and always has either 10-15% off that price making it around $1300-$1400 dollars. Drive down here and ill install it for you for free (just bring a case of Molson XXX)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I found a place online that is currently selling the superlift for $1600 and always has either 10-15% off that price making it around $1300-$1400 dollars. Drive down here and ill install it for you for free (just bring a case of Molson XXX)
Please post a link...I'm sure others on here would be interested (including myself).

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Please post a link...I'm sure others on here would be interested (including myself).
No way brother!!! You can't be the first one in NoVa to have the superlift!!!:rofl:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just found this one for $1325.17 shipped: http://www.automotiveconcepts.net/store/Jeep-Commander_product_14452313192.html
I just wonder what they mean by "Other Parts Required For A Complete Set"
It is the K864 model, don't know the difference it and the K864R. (They have the 2WD K863 for like $1.1K)
(Edit, R is for the Reservoir shocks)
It looks like Superlift includes the EGR if you buy it from them directly too.

Do you think you can run the EGR and the new Superchip Flashpaq?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Just found this one for $1325.17 shipped: http://www.automotiveconcepts.net/store/Jeep-Commander_product_14452313192.html
I just wonder what they mean by "Other Parts Required For A Complete Set"
It is the K864 model, don't know the difference it and the K864R. (They have the 2WD K863 for like $1.1K)
(Edit, R is for the Reservoir shocks)
It looks like Superlift includes the EGR if you buy it from them directly too.

Do you think you can run the EGR and the new Superchip Flashpaq?
Where do you see that they include the EGR Module also? I didnt see it anywhere on there.

Also thats just the one kit box. Thats why it says other parts are needed. It only comes with kit box 5150. You also need kit box 5151 and 5152. The EGR module is 5154. So your only getting part of the lift for $1325.17

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Straight from the Superlift website!

Part # Description Price Quantity
5150 KIT BOX, JEEP WK/XK 4" W/SHOCKS $1322.06
5151 KIT BOX, JEEP WK/XK 4" $449.52
5152 KIT BOX, JEEP WK/XK 4" $144.44
5154 EGR MODULE, JEEP WK/XK $333.90

THe EGR module is $50 cheaper to buy it straight through AEV!

·
Registered
115 Posts
You just have to be a shopper. My wife found ours for $1250.00 with all four parts(5150,5151,5152 and 5154). (Dang, that woman can shop :bowdown:). Turns out the guy was about an hour from us he installed everything for 1750.00 OTD. He bought a 4wheel drive shop that was going out of business and just wanted the thing gone...He was a tire guy...also gave us a sweet deal on wheels and tires. SO technically...$3300.00 out the door :rofl:

My wifes main concern was the ESP and she didnt want to modify the jeep to the point we couldnt use its OEM features....so we bought the big lift. Plus with 3 kids are you really going to remember to turn the ESP off everytime? Probably not :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts