Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see what a stock Commander with 245/70/17 Duratrac tires looks like. Does anyone have pictures of this combination?

I know a lot of people are running the 245/75/17 with a 2" lift. Discount tire told me that the only tire that would fit without a lift or other mods would be the 245/70/17.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here is my stock 07 Commander with 245/70/17 Fortera's

·
Registered
147 Posts
There it is

·
Registered
180 Posts
I want to see what a stock Commander with 245/70/17 Duratrac tires looks like. Does anyone have pictures of this combination?

I know a lot of people are running the 245/75/17 with a 2" lift. Discount tire told me that the only tire that would fit without a lift or other mods would be the 245/70/17.
Discount tire doesn't know what they're talking about. They told me I could fit a 275/60/17 on my Commander with stock wheels and no spacers. I have my doubts about a Duratrac due to the side lugs and the upper control arm stud, but I fit Revo 2s in a 245/75/17 with no rubbing at all on a completely stock Commander.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I've been running 245/70/17 duratracs on a stock xk for about a year now. I love them, and doubt I'll ever use a different tire. They fit fine, on the stock wheel, with no rubbing. Brand new, there was just enough room between the UCA bolt and the side lugs to slide my finger between. I'll post pics soon, whether or not they're still needed or wanted. Wish I had seen this thread sooner so that I could've helped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its not very loud at all. You can hear them, if you listen for them. Nothing with the windows up. I noticed right after I put them on, but not at all any more. I won't ever buy another tire. Bought them in jersey, drove to Alaska, and made it through the winter snow and ice without studs. Not a single issue. Tread is holding up well, and even playing around on the frozen lake it was difficult to break traction. I would absolutely recommend the duratracs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts