Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I put a deposit down on my new rear bumper with tire carrier. I found a place here in Arizona called Stone Soup Metal Works and the owner Doc has assured me he can make the perfect bumper for my Commander.

I will be droping the Commander off on Monday April 19th and he believes he can knock it out in three days in perfect conditions. I will ask him to take progress pictures or I will try to swing in as often as I can to keep you updated.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
His stuff looks good, looking forward to seeing the final product.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dropped the Commander off this morning and Doc said he would start removing the stock bumper this afternoon. I will go by tomorrow afternoon and see the progress, and yes I will take a camera in case there is a sneek peak photo.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi 49erfan, it would be great if you could get a picture of the inside of the bumper to show the mountings.:banana_hitit:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi 49erfan, it would be great if you could get a picture of the inside of the bumper to show the mountings.:banana_hitit:
I will do that!:banana_hitit:

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like the bright ones also but i think it would come down to what the final product looks like

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I too am leaning towards the bolts. I sent a request to the seller for length of bolt.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I like the bolts as long as they are bright enough.
Who cares how bright they are. As long as you have license plate lights it legal.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
If not for the chrome I would vote for the frame. It is simple and doesn't look like it would be broken as easily as the bolt lights. The bolt lights look like they could easily be broken off while wheeling or even if you bumped into them while walking past.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered a set of the black LED light bolts today. If they don't look good I can always sell them on eBay later :)

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If not for the chrome I would vote for the frame.
I am looking for a black one, if I can find one I will order one and compare the two. I am sure someone here will want it if I do not.

If anyone finds a high quality black frame with LED lights (not for a motorcycle) let me know!

1 - 20 of 165 Posts