Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just noticed the nut that goes on the bolt that holds the strut fork on is gone. it was there the other day when i installed my control arms. now its gone. i have never touched that bolt.

anyone know what size that nut and bolt is?

so moral of the story is, if you hear a bunch of clunking in your front end, your nut is gone.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
That really sounds like a personal problem to me...

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
i just noticed the nut that goes on the bolt that holds the strut fork on is gone. it was there the other day when i installed my control arms. now its gone. i have never touched that bolt.

anyone know what size that nut and bolt is?

so moral of the story is, if you hear a bunch of clunking in your front end, your nut is gone.
If you are referencing the fork that attaches strut to lower control arm, and the pinch bolt is your concern, the fork is threaded internally at that point. There is no nut.

Hope I understood your question correctly.

Rob

·
2,248 Posts
Ross,

You might want to go back and look at Phunkeydudes pictures from when he broke and see if he has the Nut that you now think is missing. Maybe it never was there or needed.

I also got the front bumper/engine skid plate from FedEx. I will try and install it tomorrow and will post pictures. I have had the flu for the last week.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you are referencing the fork that attaches strut to lower control arm, and the pinch bolt is your concern, the fork is threaded internally at that point. There is no nut.

Hope I understood your question correctly.

Rob
I just had mine apart yesterday. The top bolt on the fork does not have a nut (where it attaches to the shock), but there is one at the bottom of the fork where it attaches to the control arm. It's big - I used a 15/16 socket on mine and it seemed to fit fine, although I'm not sure what the exact size is.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I would suggest checking the other side for a size. I am pretty sure its a metric bolt/nut but I cannot remember the size

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I just had mine apart yesterday. The top bolt on the fork does not have a nut (where it attaches to the shock), but there is one at the bottom of the fork where it attaches to the control arm. It's big - I used a 15/16 socket on mine and it seemed to fit fine, although I'm not sure what the exact size is.
Yes, that is correct.
I was trying to reference the pinch bolt at the top of the fork, which is internally threaded.
The bottom bolt has a nut with a restrictor plate welded to it to prevent rotation during assembly.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts