Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my OME springs came in today. After Looking at them for 15 minutes I decided to get to work. Jacked up the front end, put it on axle stands and got at her. After 1 hour and 15 minutes the driver side was disassembled, 10 minutes after that the passenger side. Tomorrow I will bring the OME springs and the Bilstein struts to the the garage to get loaded up. If all goes well I will no longer need the 1/2" spacer on top of the strut and the front end should be able to handle the weight of the bumper + winch. Good bye nose diving when braking and bouncing out of control on bumpy roads. Wish me luck.

·
2,248 Posts
Good Luck. I hope that you are doing that inside. I imagine it is getting cold up that far north.

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL. Today was 12 degress celsuis, Yesterday 10, spent 5 hours outside building a skating rink in a T shirt. Funny no ice, should be soon. Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
Good luck with the springs and the rink buds!

Just a quick question...

If I was to get the OME springs for front and back, would this allow me to avaoid getting a spacer kit? I am asking, because I was entertaining the thought of picking up a spacer kit when I get some cash and was wondering if I should upgrade the springs as well. If I am able to just get the springs instead of both, is there an advantage or disadvantage?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Nice. Make sure you take some pictures for us. Especially of the UCA/Ball Joints angle.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

Just a quick question...

If I was to get the OME springs for front and back, would this allow me to avaoid getting a spacer kit? I am asking, because I was entertaining the thought of picking up a spacer kit when I get some cash and was wondering if I should upgrade the springs as well. If I am able to just get the springs instead of both, is there an advantage or disadvantage?
I'd say there'd be a big advantage of having the replacement coils over just the spacers. More reliable, IMO.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

Just a quick question...

You wouldn't need the spacer kit with the OME springs. The springs are taller than the stock springs.

·
Registered
444 Posts
So... would you have to replace anything else, or would the springs be enough? Also, with the front and rear springs, does it act as a leveling kit, or do you still have the front sag? Could you post the item number and description of the springs you've put on?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
You shouldn't have sag. There are a few members on here running the OME springs.

And you may want to invest in new struts/shocks when you do the upgrade.

·
Registered
444 Posts
What struts and shocks are recommended with these OME springs? Why are people changing their shocks/struts when installing the springs?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Also, when I said "sag", I was refering to the front end looking lower then the back. Will these springs level the look as well?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I used "sag" the way you were referring. I gotcha, big daddy. Ha ha.

And I believe OME uses Bilsteins. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I think most people are running with that kit.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
No, OME does not use Bilsteins. They have their own Nitrogen Shocks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It owuld be a big help if someone could post the item #'s for the OME springs and the criteria for upgrading the new shocks/struts. Would I have to buy a longer shock/strut? If so, what is the length I would be looking for?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The part number for the heavy load kit, which includes springs and shocks is, OMEWK-H/H. The springs alone are OME990 for front medium and OME992 for rear medium or OME991 for front heavy and OME993 for rear heavy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the blistein struts and ome springs are on. It was lots of fun. All i can say at this point is that i have enough room to clear 35" tires. Kind of puzzled at the moment as i just gave my xk an additional 4" lift. Hope it settles...like
2". rrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 - 20 of 33 Posts