Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just talking about how I haven't got stuck bad enough to use my new winch....

Had our first rain in awhile so I went out to a spot I like and tried a new trail. The trail looked wet, but I wasn't worried. The trails started getting tight and I didn't want to scratch up my baby too bad so I saw a spot were there was enough room to turn around.

Bad news..... This mud was like quicksand!
SO... I busted out the winch and ended up doing a three point turn with it. Here are some pics

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will say that without the matrix setup and the portable hitch winch mount, I would have had to call a tow company = BIG MONEY!

thank you 4xguard

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Awesome mud! This is the thing Jeeps are made for! :eyemouth:

·
Registered
423 Posts
"Don't hit the tree please" haha

I actually got stuck today for about 15 minutes, wish I brought my camera. I tried driving through a frozen trench that was full of ice about 5-7 inches thick. Needless to say I got zero traction until finally I tossed enough rocks under the tires.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I haven't had to use my winch, yet; great photos and video showing how it can work if needed. Very nice !

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't had to use my winch, yet; great photos and video showing how it can work if needed. Very nice !
Thank guys, The video was at the last pull. It took about 5 pulls going back and forth with the winch from front to back. I knew we would get out at that point so I let the wife drive. Not a supper cool winch video, but the 4 pulls before would have been great to watch.

I really wish I had the synthetic line and not the heavy as $h!T steel cable. Trying carry that back and forth in soft mud made me sink with each step....

Asked my wife about getting it and she told me "NO" and to remember how heavy it was as a reminder to not get stuck again. lol

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
"Don't hit the tree please" haha

I actually got stuck today for about 15 minutes, wish I brought my camera. I tried driving through a frozen trench that was full of ice about 5-7 inches thick. Needless to say I got zero traction until finally I tossed enough rocks under the tires.
I got stuck in some frozen snow last winter - the front floor mats under the front wheels work wonders! :eyemouth:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The mud was so thick that all of my tires looked like drag radials they were so smooth. I used a stick and tried cleaning the tread out a bit, but I don't think it helped.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was in 4 low and when I told her about this she said "what is esp?" lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
"Asked my wife about getting it and she told me "NO" and to remember how heavy it was as a reminder to not get stuck again. lol"

I've got the same setup, but with a Warn winch. It's heavy at about 110#. I've jokingly mentioned to my wife, if we get stuck it'll be her job to grab the winch and carry it to the front or rear.

After I regained consciousness I still don't remember what she said!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts