Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 5 qts of Penzoil Ultra Syn 5w 20 and 1 qt of 5w 30 - didn't notice the 5 qt bottle was 5w 20 and not 30 until after both bottles were distributed into the XK...do I need to drain and replace now or can I wait till the next oil change???The fumoto drain valve makes this easy, paying for 6 qts of syn makes me ask the question...thanks ahead of time, and yes I "know" to measur twice and cut once, just don't always follow through :)

·
2,248 Posts
It will be fine, leave it in. Robby will probably give you a much more technical answer, but the short version is that you will be fine leaving it in. Especially in the Summer.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I would agree with Huey too ,,, now you have a unique viscosity :) ,, 5W22 :)

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Bought 5 qts of Penzoil Ultra Syn 5w 20 and 1 qt of 5w 30 - didn't notice the 5 qt bottle was 5w 20 and not 30 until after both bottles were distributed into the XK...do I need to drain and replace now or can I wait till the next oil change???The fumoto drain valve makes this easy, paying for 6 qts of syn makes me ask the question...thanks ahead of time, and yes I "know" to measur twice and cut once, just don't always follow through :)
You'll be fine.
Looks like Ahmed figured your new viscosity formula.

Won't hurt a thing, don't give it a thought.

Rob

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all...I feel much better now, still stupid, but better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts