Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 3.7l commander and i am going to change the oil myself (switching to Amsoil) , but i am new to the whole jeep scene. where in the world is the drain plug, or do i just take off the filter and let it drain (there is a trough for the oil to drain down it appears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

i did not find it, and i read the first response. so to drain the oil you do drain it @ the filter, but REALLY you have to suck it out? sorry to sound like an idiot
but i really am at a loss.

·
2,248 Posts
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. He is trying to give you a mouthful of oil. The drain plug is just where you would think it is. Look thru the hole in the skidplate and you will find it. If you want an easier way to drain it check out the thread on Fumoto drain valves. Just do a search here with the Key word Fumoto.

By the way, Welcome to the forum....you usually get good information here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a million

thanks, i really like working on my 05 dakota, but this is my wife's jeep and i just started checking it out today

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
amsoil switch complete

thanks again guys i feel like an idiot, that skid plate threw me for a loop. thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Welcome billcat, You are not alone in the search for the drain plug, many have come before you and others will follow. Enjoy your XK!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts