Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Commander world and also to the world of transferring audio through data signals. I've got an aftermarket head unit installed (power and sound ok) and have installed an amp and subs. The rca' s for the a.m. amp are run from the outputs on the back of the unit and the amp is getting power. No sound from subs. I've checked all connections ten times and everything is nice and tight. I am hearing clicking from door speakers now (was not there prior to amp connection). I've searched every thread I can find (even Ask Meatball) and can't seem to find an answer. I'm sure the answer is right in front of me but after working on this for ten hours my mind is melted. Anyone have a solution? Sorry if this has been asked prior but thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stupid question maybe but do you have the remote wire(blue wire) hooked up? Its the small wire that tells your amp to turn on. I assume you've checked the fuse on the power wire coming from your battery. Can't remember for sure what this is called but I had to install a green box for about $100 on a past vehicle to get rid of the weird sound issue if I remember right. I would shut the car off and open a door and the subs would just rumble as loud as they could by themselves.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved. Returned all the crap that Best Buy sold me and bought the CORRECT harness from Crutchfield. Very easy, straight-forward install. Worked correctly the first time I turned it on. Problem resolved.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's a good solution! Crutchfield can seem a bit pricier than other options, but getting the build sheet, harnesses, and support you need is worth a lot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts