Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to plan out my audio upgrade. One of the problems I have run into is where to install a sub or two (10 inch or maybe 8 inch). I want to retain use of the third row seats and I also want to keep the cargo space when the third row seats are down. Has anyone seen a slick spot to mount the subs? I'm looking for a stealthy, clean install. I don't think i want to install a bazooka tube (and there isn't the room). I haven't looked into installing under the driver/passenger seat but that might be an option. I wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks,
JP

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone have links, pictures, specs for the Mopar underseat sub?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been looking at subs like this:

crutchfield.com/S-TsNeljeXfXa/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=130TSS2541

They have a 3" mounting depth. The only thing is to figure out where to mount them and how to fabricate an enclosure for them.

I even have thought about maybe trying to installing them into the tailgate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
There's no room for anything in the commander without doing a box or taking out the third row like Iowa Commander did. With the third row up there's only 6" of space for a box and that's not enough room for anything half way decent. With a box like mine, you get all the bass you need and it only takes up 8" depth and contours up the seat. When I need the third row I can move the box over and use 1/2 the row or take the box out and use the whole row and still have a almost all the cargo space.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The one for the Liberty actually lines up with the underseat bolts. THe slots and wings are not adjustable and, I suppose, are at various angles of fit.

It sounded very good for a factory sub. I hope they make one for the XK.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info. I'm going to talk to a few shops around the area and see what ideas they have. As of now, I'm thinking two 10 inch in a custom box that will fit behind the 2nd row but can also fit behind the third row. I will update again when I finally decide.

JP

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has anyone tried your typical truck speaker box? Only downfall to those is the depth clearance for the speakers magnet. I was just going to settle for that behind the 3rd row seats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts