Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has a 2006 commander with dvd player and the stock amp (non branded) and im trying to hook up his amp and subs while retaining the stock HU and speakers

I purchased a line out converter and spliced into what I thought was the correct wires (played for about 5 secs then blew the amp fuse).

Anyways where should I hook up the line out converter by the amp?
Wire colors and please specify + & -

also where should i hook up the ignition wire? my friend said to use the accessory in the back but after i hooked it up i found out it was on 24/7.

I've installed many systems with/with out factory amps but its all been in Japanese cars, which dont have the can system (a.k.a. its easy as hell to hook up) so im trying to figure out this one.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
230 Posts
You can connect the remote to the power outlet in front on the drivers side, its the only one thats switched on. The one on the passenger side and the one in the rear are direct to the battery. I'm not sure about your other problem though, mine didn't come with the boston acoustic sound package.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can connect the remote to the power outlet in front on the drivers side, its the only one thats switched on. The one on the passenger side and the one in the rear are direct to the battery. I'm not sure about your other problem though, mine didn't come with the boston acoustic sound package.
so you didnt have an amp in the rear drivers side panel?
but thank you for the remote power advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts