Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 jeep commander limited and wanted to put subs in it. but my dad said i cant cause the jeep already has its own amp or something like that so i actually cant put subs in the jeep.
is that true?
or could i get around it or what?
what did any of you guys do. or recommendations for sizes or what would work well in a jeep commander
thanks a lot

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes it has it's own dedicated amp but there are ways around that. Do an in site search, there's a whole section dedicated to audio with all the info you need already here.
It has regular traffic so the information is always up to date.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
42 Posts

do you have a built in gps or the standard stereo. you can replace the stereo with an aftermarket one and buy a kit that makes it fit correctly. then add an amp and sub. I recommend 1 high quality 12in sub and amp over two cheaper ones. check out http://www.crutchfield.com/ and it will tell you what you need, usually. I recommend kenwood products. also i would change out the front door speakers with better 6x9s components (comes with tweeters) and an amp before doing a sub. we are very lucky 6x9s fit in our cars, they dont in most (i think if they fit in any of your cars you have to upgrade them). they give you almost the same surface area as a 10in sub and have good bass response. mine are mb quarts and are killer

·
Registered
42 Posts
also alot of places will try to sell you a ported box. i really dont like them, they can make it hit lower but not ported goes a lot harder and hits beats tighter. definitely in a spacious SUV, might be okay in the trunk of a car.

·
Registered
471 Posts
JBauer, do you have any recommendations for after market Nav units brands or places to shop for them?

-rjhj

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts