Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this may be a long shot but im thinking about putting Subs in the ol' Commander, but i use every bit of the commander when camping as the Pup and our gear goes in the back.

does any one have pics or suggestions as to how/where to install subs where they wont impede on my cargo space

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good luck, I keep pondering the same thing lol
Toronto, ON.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 10" truck style wedge box behind my drivers seat on the floor. Since I have car seats in it doesn't effect my kids leg room and is for the most part out of the way. It does prevent the seat from folding all the way down though.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
I have put subs in my Commander but they are only in long enough to get from Subway to home.:eusa_dance:

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
Hey guys this may be a long shot but im thinking about putting Subs in the ol' Commander, but i use every bit of the commander when camping as the Pup and our gear goes in the back.

does any one have pics or suggestions as to how/where to install subs where they wont impede on my cargo space
Couldn't you put some in that are easy to disconnect and remove them when you need the space ?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
yuk yuk yuk.....
I have put subs in my Commander but they are only in long enough to get from Subway to home.:eusa_dance:
There is a lot of space in the area behind the middle seat, on the side where the cupholders etc go. Take a look there.
May not be much space if you have an amp or heat controls there.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I personally have always wanted to put a 6-8" sub in the very rear, sunk into the cavity behind the little bungee net on the drivers side. There's enough room inside to accept the depth of the speaker, and fabricate a fiberglass structure/box to hold it. Figured whatever little amp I was using could get squeezed inside too. But I really don't know much about speakers, so anyone have any thoughts on how this setup would actually sound?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
stock amp goes behind the panel on the drivers side. I had a small amp in that
bungee area you mentioned and had a bunch of wires back and forth under the carpet. I burned up the amp so I took it out.

Now I have a larger, 600w amp I and thinking about putting where the
stock goes....if it will fit. Then add 2 wedge subs i can take in and out.

I have been thinking about this over a year; dont want to rush.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

What about the Bazookas? http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobile/Passive-Bass-Tubes-Subwoofers-C7/BT-Series-S69

I had a pair in an Isuzu Rodeo I used for work, didn't use much space and they sounded great. They came with velco straps to help secure them from rolling around. I'm sure you can set them up vertically (one in each corner) and save yourself loads of space...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts