Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just bought my wife a gently used 2013 Suburban LTZ 2wd. With the wealth of knowledge I've gotten from you guys about my XK, I figured I would take the opportunity to expand my horizons on the wife's new ride. I plan on just maintaining it, telling her she's going to be driving it until the wheels fall off. Anyway, does anyone have any experience with Suburbans or know of any things to look out for? Thanks ahead for any input.

·
Registered
954 Posts
We recently purchased a 2013 Suburban LTZ as well, though one with 4wd. I have yet to look for a Chevy Suburban forum but that would probably be our best option for questions on that vehicle.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
My brother had a Denali, not real up on GM products, I believe that is just another version of the Suburban. One thing I noticed, he drove around forever on bad wheel bearings making lots of rock grinding noise (sounds like tire noise on the highway for noisy tires, like off road tires, except amplified 5 times and you can hear it inside despite the windows being closed), you're getting excessive road noise look into the wheel bearings.

Typically, people drive on bad wheel bearings for 10's of thousands of miles with nothing bad happening, but you don't want to be that 1%, that ignored the warning and had a wheel come off at highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
You definitely missed the haydays of the gm forums..... used to be 3 different sites with pages and pages of new posts.

Try gm-trucks.com and truckmodcentral.com. (the latter is not a GM specific forum, but most guys there were extremely active on the previous gm forums)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You definitely missed the haydays of the gm forums..... used to be 3 different sites with pages and pages of new posts.

Try gm-trucks.com and truckmodcentral.com. (the latter is not a GM specific forum, but most guys there were extremely active on the previous gm forums)
Thanks for the input. I haven't had much luck finding groups or pages with as much helpful following as this forum, even if it's for a completely different platform. I love this site and am literally on here trolling all the time. If I ever have any car related questions, I would naturally defer to here anyway. You guys are all just so smart!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

I have an older new body style Denali.

I am on these among others:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/

http://www.gmfullsize.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts