Jeep Commander Forum banner

SUbwoofers?

17K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  patf111 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed a system in their commander? Im a big audio freak, and have lots of subs laying around the house from old cars. i want to install my 12inch Kicker Solo X in a ported box with 1800 mono class D amp. Its loud as hell, and what my question was is this, when you have your stereo cranking does the commander rattle like hell??? it feels like a rather "plasticy" car and im afraid me system will make my car sound like a kia in 2 months.

#2 ·
#3 ·
chipster... what size sub are you planning on installing? 6.5? 8? 10? 12? i'd throw in a infinity basslink if you not looking to sacrifice your cargo space, or kenwood makes a 6.5'' powered sub system that can fit under seats that sounds decent so i hear...?

ps. your dvd and headrest look real good
-Jordan

#4 ·
i have a 10" MA Audio 1000XLE in my car with a 800 watt mono MA Audio amp, in a ported box, sound AMAZING! no rattling outside you actually CAN'T even hear it outside well maybe a little but nothing like my honda... i've had it for 2 months almost 3 nothing gone bad yet, except once it was really loud and i did the automatic roll up window and it went half way then went back down by itself ... only did it once... will keep u updated!

#7 ·
It's sounds like in order to put a sub in the commander without sacrificing cargo space or the third row, you would have to modify the rear passenger side panel. I think that is the only place you can put on. Please let me kow if I am wrong or not. I am also looking to put a subwoofer myself but I don't want to give up the cargo space ot the third row seat.

#10 · (Edited)
No noticeable rattles to speak of. A good liscense plate frame and back as allways, other than that I get a little bit of rattle when I hit a bump, but not from the sub, it is the cover for the jack and tire tools.

Thats with an ARC 15 with 1500w of ARC Audio SE love on it.

Chipster009, if you are still trying to find that perfect sub. May I sugest a couple of Morel Elate subwoofers. Im pretty sure you would be hard pressed to find a better, thinner subwoofer than these. The 10" sub is around 3.5" deep. Small enough I had one in each of my front doors on a mazda protege 5 and could still roll the windows down (did i mention flush mounted with the doorpanel) You may be able to use the 8 or 9 and use a couple of them in an enclosure made to fit over the tire tools insted of the plasic peice that comes from jeep. **end threadjack**

#14 ·
#16 ·
I have a Kicker ZX 1500.1 amp and 4 Kicker Solo-Baric Subs in my jeep, during the install I did have the interior removed to include the headliner for 1 to 3 layers of hush mat where it would fit and its VERY sound and i have no rattles. I think the JC is a pretty sound ride.

#20 ·
are you adding a sub to the factory head? do you have the BA amp in the back? wonder if there is something to grabbing the wires from back there and splicing into a powered sub. you would not have dash control of it. I did the atoto swap (on here) with an alpine mono sub amp and a pioneer sub. ran the rca. power. and gain control cables down under the floor at the doors (there is a raceway) with the amp and sub in the back.. it has a gain control I put on the dash..

Reactions: Stircrayzy