Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about lifting my Commander. Probably going to get a little wordy so you know what my situation is, but the short version is:
1: Should I bother lifting it since it's my daily driver/only vehicle?
2: If I get a 2" lift, what's a good lift kit to save up for?

I probably won't be getting it any time soon, since my job doesn't pay much and I'm also saving up for a ring to I can ask my girlfriend an important question. Plus the Commander itself needs some more basic work. The skid plate holding the gas tank to the underbelly is rusting so badly it's threatening to fall off, and that part doesn't seem to be cheap. That, and the way it runs makes me think it could use a tune-up all around.
But if I decide on a specific lift and vendor, I can probably set a little aside each month and work towards it slowly. Everything I've read says that the budget spacer lifts will do the job, but also affect on-street performance more negatively than more complete lifts.

I'm pretty green when it comes to all this, so this is basically my fact-finding mission.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
If you are not going to do any off-roading at all there is no need to lift it. If there is a chance you might go off-road then do the lift. But even if you don't plan to go off-road the Commander looks better lifted with bigger tires. The most popular 2" lift among the members here is the Rough Country. It is $169.95 on their website.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts