Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 1st Jeep ... 2007 Commander 4x2 3.7 in white . As a Floridian visitor for the winter i need advice on leaving her garaged for 6 months each summer. I have had several different thoughts such as disconnect battery , then don't as on car computer will shut down , on axle stands or not etc ......... advise welcomed .......... thanks in advance

·
2,248 Posts
I have stored some cars for up to a year or two in the past. Just acouple of things that I have done to them are filling the tank with fuel to limit water condensation, adding fuel stabilizer to the tank, Putting moth balls in the interior to discourage mice and pests, disconnecting the battery, and using jack stands to reduce the weight on the tires. I also would clean it, wax it, and cover it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Never leave the handbrake on because it will seize.

And of course, make sure that your garage is properly close to avoid thieves.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I know this is an old thread but when puting a vehicle up on jack stands for long term storage it's much better to support the vehicle with stands under the FRAME, not just the axles ... that way the entire suspension as well as the tires are relaxed while it's 'resting'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts