Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, from what I've been reading I'm not alone with this mess. With the recent heavy rain in Ca. I woke to about 1 inch of water in the floor of the car :icon_confused:. It drips down on each side of the front door jams along the hand grip and also just a bit of dripping off the rear view mirror. This is the third time, 1st time (only had 9000 miles on the car) they said it was a caulking problem and they fixed it. 2nd time was about one month ago and I didn't have time to take it in so I shop vacced it out and tried to dry it with a blow drier which didn't work and the car stunk for days. This time was just to much. Dealer says that the drain tubes clogged from some leaves and I have to be more careful :stickpoke:. The said I should never open it unless I clean off the roof and never park under trees????:banana_hitit: WTF. Man, I'm pissed :bigmouth:, I had to hand the keys back to my wife for her car (Ann. Present new to her in 2007) and its smelling like a bumbs wet sock. So, there does not seem to be anything that can be done. Its a design problem and I can't do the maintenance on it. I'm handicapped. The mech at the dealer says that the method to clear the drain tubes is risky. If you use too much air it blows the drain tubes off the nipple and the entire roof liner has to come down to fix that.
I'm going to have electrical problems, The carpet is wrecked w/ mold in the carpet, head liners probably going to fall from the moister, Elec seats are going to go bad from wet wires, seat are going to go bad from water, etc.
Has anyone else dealt with this and had a good outcome???:bowdown:
Or is Jeep just screwing us with there Chapt. 11???
Any advice???:ugh2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize you posted this a long time ago but i have a solution for you. this happened to mine as well and drove me nuts for 6-9 months. the sunroof is actually designed to leak. there is a troft located below the seal that will direct the water to tubes, located on the four corners of the sunroof, that release the water below the commander. the tube follows the part between the windshield and door in a blue and black striped tube.

if you open your door you'll notice a plastic molding located at the bottom of the dashboard area adjacent to the foot rest. that part pops off. behind it you'll see the blue and black striped tube going into the floor and there is a plastic molding attached. pull the tube out out of the molding. That's the tube that allows the water to exit the vehicle underneath. the plastic molding and tube is most likely full of leaves. clean it out and you should be good to go :). hopefully that helps you and others with the same issue.

cheers.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Check the "Interior Water Leak" thread. 47 pages of issues and solutions. I did a quick How To yesterday. There's tons of info there. Refer to the forum search first., and you'll likely find out that someone has already solved the problem!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts