Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys thanks in advance. We got rear ended in January. Body shop had to do a pull on the rear drivers side to get the rear door alignment corrected. Got the jeep back last week and took it thru the car wash and got a lap full of water. I checked the drain tubes and blew them out, all clear there. In fact the front drip pan was dry. To any of you that have had the sunroof assembly out, what could it be? Here is a quick video of the jeep with the sun roof closed and a hose on the roof. https://vimeo.com/161860895
As you can see it's not a minor leak. What could have broken in the accident that would cause this much of a leak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,245 Posts
:surprise:Holy chit, dude ! If it didn't do that before the accident, and started right after, you should file an addendum with your insurance company.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's been in the body shop since the accident in January. I've gone thru that car wash a dozen times before and never had a problem. Holy **** was my reaction too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't know there was rear drains I'll look at them now. Thx

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think I figured it out. The rear drip pan had popped out of the holes on the window bracket. So the drip pan was shoved up in the back. I took a coat hanger and fished it forward, and reattached it. I'll need to replace the accordion trim pcs and I'll put new weather stripping on the glass, it should be good as new. I'll give a update when I get the parts in.
Note to anyone: never use that white masking tape!!!! It will probably take me a couple hrs to get that sheit off now. It was all I had to tape the window seam shut. It was raining in the car at the time.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The sunroofs do allow water in. As long as the drip pans in place to divert the water to the side gutters, your ok. You should make sure both left and right front and rear drain tubes are clear though. I was able to attach a piece of 3/8" tubing to a pump sprayer filled with warm water and bleach to flush out all the dirt that accumulates in the tubes. Theres vidoes here showing where the front drains terminate and how to modify them for better drainage. The rear drains terminate in the rockers before the rear tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts