Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In short....Can someone with a sunroof take a similar picture as the one in this thread and post below? I have a rattling problem and I think it might be that the plastic pieces that the red arrows are pointing to, should be touching. Any and all help is very much appreciated.

·
Administrator
16,181 Posts
Yes, it supposed to be touching. I'm glad you posted this because I see that mine is beginning to tear also.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Yah, you beat me to it 5253. I have the same problem on the passenger side...driver side is still good.

Maybe I should quit reading about problems...I seem to be getting what I read about, lol.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I dont have that problem, ours is either totaly shut or open. being in north TX we might be able to enjoy sunroof 2 or 3 mos out of the year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the picture jeep5253, now, I can go back to the dealership and show them how it should look before they messed with it.

·
Administrator
16,181 Posts
Thanks for the picture jeep5253, now, I can go back to the dealership and show them how it should look before they messed with it.
You are welcome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jeep5253, thanks for the picture, I took it to the dealership and they fixed it (for free) and now there is no more rattling/noise!

·
Administrator
16,181 Posts
jeep5253, thanks for the picture, I took it to the dealership and they fixed it (for free) and now there is no more rattling/noise!
How did they fix it ? Do they just replace those plastic pieces ? Do they have to take the sunroof out ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, the plastic fan pieces are on tracks and just snap or slide in. (I didn't watch them install) Once they got the pieces in, it only took about 30 minutes to install while I waited. FYI: If I were to pay for it, they wanted $60 for parts and labor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts