Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my wife's Commander in November, and basically I haven't driven it in warm weather until now. When I open the sunroof, I get blasted with air!

There is not any pop-up deflector as is usual with these. Does anyone have one? If so, I need to get it to the dealer ASAP for a replacement of the deflector I never got!

·
Registered
204 Posts
sgilbert said:
I got my wife's Commander in November, and basically I haven't driven it in warm weather until now. When I open the sunroof, I get blasted with air!

There is not any pop-up deflector as is usual with these. Does anyone have one? If so, I need to get it to the dealer ASAP for a replacement of the deflector I never got!

They dont come with one, which I found out the first time I did a pre-delivery inspection on one. I thought they forgot it, then looked at all the others and none of them had one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I suppose. That's the most rediculous thing I ever heard of! Not you; DCM!

Now I've got to buy one of the plexiglass stick-on after market pieces of crap!

·
Registered
204 Posts
sgilbert said:
Thanks, I suppose. That's the most rediculous thing I ever heard of! Not you; DCM!

Now I've got to buy one of the plexiglass stick-on after market pieces of crap!

Whats really funny is that the holes are there for the factory type. I suppose if you found the right one, maybe from a Grand Cherokee, it would screw right in place and be just like it should have come from the factory.

·
Registered
77 Posts
... try to open the rear windows a little bit. I acutally enjoy driving with all windows and the roof open. Always wanted a convertible, but life is full of compromises ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I posted this message on another board, but this board seems to be more message activity so am re-posting here.

There is one advertised on ebay at the link below. Or if you put the words "jeep commander sunroof" into the ebay search window, it will take you to this site.

Price is $46 plus $12 shipping. They "claim" there is no drilling required to attach the deflector.

As far as I know, there is no defector given from Jeep for vehicles with a sunroof. At least I didn't get one with mine.

If anyone has bought this defector and installed it on a Commander, would you please give a review about how easy it is to install and how good it works? I'm seriously interested in getting one of these myself

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...spagenameZWDVW

FYI, if you put the words "jeep commander" into the ebay search window, there are several pages of options you can order

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's what I just ordered:

http://www.svcustoms.com/catalog/AutoventshadeWindflectors.shtml

As the Commander's sunroof is 41" wide, I ordered the 41.5" size. Total price delivered is $44.05. Will post picture when I get it and install it.

PS: When to my dealer yesterday to confirm no deflector--which is correct--and saw MANY other DCM's with the deflector! Even a cheapo mini van with a sunroof had the deflector. Un F'g believable!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
sgilbert said:
PS: When to my dealer yesterday to confirm no deflector--which is correct--and saw MANY other DCM's with the deflector! Even a cheapo mini van with a sunroof had the deflector. Un F'g believable!!
Thats why I had to go out and look the first time I saw one, every other DCX sunroof has one, just not the Commander.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Has anyone looked into seeing if any of the pop-up type wind deflectors from other DCM's will work for the Commander? Maybe the pop-up piece could be ordered. Also if anyone could post some pics of an aftermarket install it would be appreciated and thanks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
according to my dealer, the one from the pacifica will work on the JC. i can't confirm this but if someone would like to check it out let us know.

·
Registered
473 Posts
when i was there i was looking for the ventshades for the side windows. i wasn't looking for the sunroof deflector but it was brought up by me or them and they said there wasn't one made for the JC but he thought the one from the pacifica would work. i didn't ask about it anymore so thats all i know (this was 3 or 4 months ago). i would imagine it could be ordered but i didn't get a price.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I ordered the one from eBay that was mentioned earlier. It should be here in a few days and I will install it and let you know how it fits, installed, works, and looks. I tried to go through the dealer to see if one (real pop-up) from another model with the same type and size sunroof would work but got the standard "I dont know, I never checked or heard of that, maybe, you cannot do that" answer from the dealerships I called.

Same crap I have been going through trying to order chrome tow hooks from two different dealers that I know will fit from the 65th Anav. Edition Commander as well as the 06 Grand Cherokee Overland model for my 06 Commander. They just look at me like I am nuts and tell me they will not fit or there is no part number for chrome tow hooks. They say they only come in black. Even when we both looked at a 65th Anav. Edition Commander parked outside the service department door with chrome tow hooks on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ron, let me know if you ever get a part number for those chrome hooks, I'm totally interested.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Drop d - There are some threads on this site where members have added the chrome tow hooks from the 06 Grand Cherokee Overland as well as from the 65 th Anniversary Edition and they fit fine. I am going to order the crome hooks for the Cherokee and I am sure they will fit. My dealer wants $144.00 for the chrome set VS $88.00 for the pair in black. I figured heck everything else is chrome I might as well take the extra step with these. I even purchased chrome 4X4 emblems for the rear left and right side. It made a nice touch and an additional chrome accent.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just a follow up to my post. I ordered the deflector from eBay (JEEP COMMANDER Sunroof Wind Deflector #150028084258). It came in 2 days and took all of 10 min. to install. You use 3 clips that hook under the rooftop lip and then screw to the deflector. If you order one you simply center the thing on your roof, use the 2 shorter clips on each end, and the longer clip in the center, tighten them and your done. I was impressed with the quality and fit. It looks great and I can now enjoy the sunroof without the wind/air turbulence.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Commander Ron Can You post some pics?

·
Registered
15 Posts
A picture would be great!!! :D Looked at the site that you ordered it from... From the picture.. looks as if its open on one side.. Is that exposed? or does it stand upright hiding that space? Me very picky.. :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
I will try to get some pics for anyone interested later this week (hopefully). I tried earlier but messed them up trying to resize the darn things. I will take a few after I put the final Mopar accesories on this week (tow hooks and grill guard with light kit) then I will finally be done with the extras.

Drop D - I should have the part number on the chrome tow hooks early this week. The service manager is looking it up and ordering them Monday so I will let you know when they are in and how they fit. The grill guard and light kit are here so I am just waiting on the tow hooks so it can all be installed.

BetteBoop - If you are referring to the underside as you look up/out from the roof it is open. It comes over the opening approx. 3" if that makes any sense but the deflector looks really good and seals great with its own gasket. I really like the fact that it is not taped on and held very secure by the three metal clips.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts