Jeep Commander Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
7,684 Posts
i came across this thread while actually searching for information/recommendation on buying tire sensors as all 4 of mine are now not working. curious about the sunroof issue though - i have 06 JC 5.7 Hemi - 144k miles. the according part of my sunroof has torn and I dont dare open the glass as it's a pain to get it to close - but I love having the sunroof - after I figured out how to fix the leak/overflow issue i used it all the time.... so the prior post to mine about documenting the replacement of the unit I'd love to see. as I don't think there's a way to just fix the accordian venting without pulling the entire glass out?
Refer to post # 33 in this thread @commandmyjeep ;

To replace the seal - yes, you have to pull the sunroof glass out as shown in the photos.

As far as the accordian venting goes, I had that in my '08 WK that I used to own & I don't think that venting can be replaced with replacing the glass - but, I could be wrong.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, if anybody else wants to chime in here.

·
Registered
Dallas TX
112 Posts
I just replaced my sunroof weather-stripping last week. the accordion piece is not integral to the assembly, it may keep some water that gets past the other barriers from entering the compartment, but its way down the list.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I chased down a leak for years - the roof drains couldnt keep up. I bought a new seal and noticed that the glue holding the top frame / glass was starting to come apart. I was able to get some silicone in between and now it seems to be holding up pretty good. No more leaks anyway. I think its a dangerous design.

·
Administrator
7,684 Posts
I chased down a leak for years - the roof drains couldnt keep up. I bought a new seal and noticed that the glue holding the top frame / glass was starting to come apart. I was able to get some silicone in between and now it seems to be holding up pretty good. No more leaks anyway. I think its a dangerous design.
It's definitely a design flaw.

·
Registered
2006 Commander LTD 5.7 Hemi 144k mlg
7 Posts
I just replaced my sunroof weather-stripping last week. the accordion piece is not integral to the assembly, it may keep some water that gets past the other barriers from entering the compartment, but its way down the list.
good info - I'll get busy researching that and see how to fix - can't use my sunroof til it's done! uhhg

·
Registered
Dallas TX
112 Posts
just fyi I think it was $63 from one of the mopar parts houses online. only took a few days to show up. a little windex and I didnt event get to stringing together cuss words on the install!

·
Registered
2006 Commander LTD 5.7 Hemi 144k mlg
7 Posts
just fyi I think it was $63 from one of the mopar parts houses online. only took a few days to show up. a little windex and I didnt event get to stringing together cuss words on the install!
lol!! then there is hope that I can handle it with no soap to my mouth!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts