Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The front of my sunroof glass is lose on my 06 Commander and rattles when I close the doors or go over bumps. Is the glass glued to the metal frame that is visible from inside the vehicle? It is only lose in the front. Has anyone ever replaced the glass? Just looking to get it secured. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting. The seal looks like it is in place all around the sunroof glass. When I push up on the front of the glass the glass separates from the metal frame. The deal seems to flex a bit and when the glass comes back down it hits metal frame cross bar and makes a clanking sound. This is repeated when I drive. I will try to post a few pictures or a video.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hard to get a good pic in the sunlight but on further inspection of the seal, it is not firmly attached. I can easily push the seal forward in the front away so it separates. Should the seal be glued or siliconed to the glass and frame?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I cleaned up the seal and used some clear RTV silicone adhesive/caulk to re-attach it. Nice! Hope it works.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Chances are that it is out of shape as well. Does the roof leak under heavy rain or at the car wash?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts