Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed some extra noise coming from the sunroof and jumped out to see it's not fully lifting when it closes. The tilt feature and slide feature both works fine, but it wont lift all the way when it comes to a stop after closing the slide. I had the battery replaced last weekend and didn't drive it until this past weekend and noticed this for the first time.

Other than that? No idea why it doesn't fully close. Anyone have this issue?

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
16,212 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but it is worth a try.

Place the ignition switch in RUN position.

Close all of the doors.

Press and release the vent switch (sunroof should move to vent position).
Once the sunroof has stopped motion at the vent position, press and hold the vent switch
for at least 5 seconds to recalibrate the sunroof position.

If the sunroof did not reach the full vent open position, press and hold the vent switch until
the full-vent-open position is reached then release the vent switch, then press and hold the
vent switch for at least 5 seconds to recalibrate the sunroof position.

Cycle the sunroof from the full-vent-open position to the full-slide-open position and back to
the full-vent-open position at least 7 complete times. The sunroof is now in customer mode
with the obstacle detection thresholds updated.

·
Registered
2006 Modified 5.7 Hemi 545 RFE Quadra-trac II
454 Posts
I had the same problem and followed this procedure. When I did, the two metal arms snapped off.

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
@dorseycory will it open to vent position? have you checked the fuses?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,881 Posts
@dorseycory901
Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To make a Signature click here - Signature - How to make or modify

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

Also post an introduction in the "New Member" section. New Member Section

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->Owner's Manual

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
I would probably start working path of least "work" .. i'd check the switch next, perhaps see if you can "jump" it to confirm the sunroof motor is working. if its the motor, or something around it, that seems to require removal of the headliner...

·
Registered
2006 Commander Limited 4.7 127,000 miles
2 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but it is worth a try.

Place the ignition switch in RUN position.

Close all of the doors.

Press and release the vent switch (sunroof should move to vent position).
Once the sunroof has stopped motion at the vent position, press and hold the vent switch
for at least 5 seconds to recalibrate the sunroof position.

If the sunroof did not reach the full vent open position, press and hold the vent switch until
the full-vent-open position is reached then release the vent switch, then press and hold the
vent switch for at least 5 seconds to recalibrate the sunroof position.

Cycle the sunroof from the full-vent-open position to the full-slide-open position and back to
the full-vent-open position at least 7 complete times. The sunroof is now in customer mode
with the obstacle detection thresholds updated.

Thanks for the post, my sunroof works great now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts