Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
See if there is anything caught up in it, the electronic force limitation will stop it if something is in the way, its required since it has the auto close. Otherwise I would say it sounds like something may have broke, maybe the plastic drain attached to the back which you usually cant see since its back in the roof a little behind the glass. Hard to say without seeing it in person.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Todd Wimberly said:
I opened my sunroof to the vent position, When I tried to close it I heard a poping sound sound, Now it is stuck in the up position? Todd
My sunroof started making a poping sound after I had the service dept check for and correct wind noise coming from the sunroof. When I mentioned it to the service manager and had it checked out they said that the motor housing was cracked! :rolleyes: Occassionaly it still makes a poping sound and I will end up having it checked out again. Funny thing is when I mentioed this to the OWNER of the dealership his comment was "well I don't open the sunroof on my Jeep much but the couple of times I did it made a slight click". I explained this was not a click but a loud pop. I further explained that I have owned 5 vehicles with sun roofs and NEVER had one make the noise this one makes when opening - although I have never owned a Jeep!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts