Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I drive with the sunroof open at a moderate speed (25 - 40 MPH) I get this vibrating noise with the roof liner that seems to change the air pressure in the cabin and drives me nuts. There are several threads that discuss noises, but I do not think that the other threads that I can find deal with this issue. Any help?

·
Registered
473 Posts
i think he is referring to the air buffering sound. i have to put one of the front windows down a little when the sunroof is open. this will eliminate the air buffering.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you are hearing (and feeling) air cavitations in the cabin (sounds like a helicopter, with noticeable oscillation in air pressure) you just need to open more windows to relieve the pressure (they don't have to be open all the way). I usually open the front windows a couple of inches and it goes away depending on what speed your going. I have also noticed that just having the backseat windows open (sunroof closed) will produce the same effect. This is not a problem common only to the Commander. Most of the bigger less aerodynamic cars I have owned have done this.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just crack the back windows an inch or two, no biggie. The deflector should eliminate it too, and also deflect the wind, I just don't like the appearance.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Even with the deflector the pressure oscillation can still occur given the right speed and conditions. Don't get me wrong, they help but you may still have to open certain windows to relieve cabin pressure build up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts