Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mostly basic commander as I have it now. It does already have a 2.5 lift.

These are the Hankook Dynapro M/T's 265/70/17R

Those are the tow hooks. Cost me a solid 29 dollars from auto zone! I didn't feel like paying mopar another 100 dollars for the mounts. I do plan on removing the bumper and straigtening out the cut out areas but it was late when i put them on and the mosquitos started to feast!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The rest of my Garage

My other off roaders. They see more off-road use than my jeep sadly. There are many more mx tracks here in houston than there are places to wheel (and not get into trouble).

Other side of the Garage is a 68 Ford Falcon Futura Sports Coupe.
You can see the Defender Roof Rack below it waiting for tomorrow night to be put on the commander.

And the Jetta GLI 2.0T FSI

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the Defender Roof Rack pics.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bistein 5150 Shocks

They Seemed to go on easy enough and there is no play if you put the proper bolts and washers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Offroad lights

I mounted up some offroad lighting. i think it took about 6 hours total to wire and mount. Here are some pictures. I wired it so I can add higher watt spots to the center two and move them to the rear eventually.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4xGuard Front Skid

I put the 4xguard plate on this morning. It went smoothly and looks great. Before I mounted it i put rubberized undercoating on the bottom part of my bumper where the guard covers. I like the black background better. I also changed the rear brake pads.

Using the described install method on the instructions. It sure would have been tough without the jack unless I had a second person to help. You can see the taped off sections where I just finished painting the Undercoat on.

Well I guess I did have a helper but she wasn't quite up to the task of holding the guard up to the jeep.

The finished project.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got around to putting on my 2meter antenna on the rear of the XK and installing my radio inside.

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
How come your tow hooks are upside down ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
your XK looks awesome !!

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
They aren't factory but i've seen hooks of both denominations. It was the easiest way to fit them without cutting more of the bumper out (which i wouldn't mind removing altogether). I really like the look of txbajacommander's ride.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the compliments. It's got a long way to go in my mind. I'm thinking KM2's on Micky Thompson Classics or rocky road supersliders next.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine are just the Reese hooks as well. I figured I'd save 100 dollars and just go with those. They still work just fine. CICO you must have done the same thing I did.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Mine are just the Reese hooks as well. I figured I'd save 100 dollars and just go with those. They still work just fine. CICO you must have done the same thing I did.
That was one of my early mods. YEs, I took off the front bumper
and drilled out a hole and hooked them up. HAd to put the bumper back on to get the cut away done. That was a pain in the tail.....But they work.
I have used them several times pulling vehicles from places they should not have been.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That was one of my early mods. YEs, I took off the front bumper
and drilled out a hole and hooked them up. HAd to put the bumper back on to get the cut away done. That was a pain in the tail.....But they work.
I have used them several times pulling vehicles from places they should not have been.
That's the exact method I used. I broke two small drillbits(cheapos) drilling pilot holes to start the larger holes trying to get through the chassis. Then once the holes were large enough i put the bumper on and cut out what shouldn't be there. I think I could still trim it a bit more though.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
That's the exact method I used. I broke two small drillbits(cheapos) drilling pilot holes to start the larger holes trying to get through the chassis. Then once the holes were large enough i put the bumper on and cut out what shouldn't be there. I think I could still trim it a bit more though.
Agree, it took a while to get it trimmed right.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts