Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Guys,

This is my first post so be gentle on me. I am on the fence about buying a programmer. I have read the forums here about what is on the market and I have a few questions myself.

It appears to me that the two big choices are the 3875 and the Predator.

I have been waiting on the Predator all Summer and I am disappointed that it only supports 07-08. Do you think they will make a version for the 06's?

·
Registered
602 Posts
It looks like they don't make the Diablo for a 4.7:(

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have an 06 and the diablo sport is absolutely amazing! best 300 I spent on a performance upgrade. Check the thread link two posts up and pm or post if you have any questions.

·
Registered
343 Posts
First off, I would like to say that I love my Diablo. Had a bit of a firmware issue getting it running, but no biggie. The power it has produced is Nuts. Also I have been able to fix my speedometer with the tire size adjuster, and for the dunes, set the trigger point on the tpms to 7 psi so they stop chiming when I'm on the dunes.

http://www.lmperformance.com/69642/44.html

LMperformance has them for 274.95 with free shipping. But, I have never bought anything from them, so I went with autoanything.com. All you have to do is call autoanything and give them the price from LMP and they will usually honor it and beat it by a buck. There shipping was fast, BUT for some reason, preditors are in HOT demand and there is someowhat of a back order on them. Also you MUST buy the cable to use the tuner. You will need to update it as soon as you get it.

What ever you do, DO NOT get one used off ebay. From what I understand from Mike L at Diablo, is the tuner becomes married to the vehicle. The only way to use it is to have it cleared which cost $129 plus shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordred my Diablo on tuesday and even with the free shipping I recieved it on thursday. One day turn around is awesome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also I ordered my CAI from partsgeek.com... horrible service and I still have yet to hear back if my order went through. They said that they would get back to me but I havent heard anything yet. Since my card hasn't been billed I'm going to order from another site.

·
Registered
343 Posts
cdcommander;169652

Where did you get it from, mine took like two weeks?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
are there any benefits to one programmer vs the other in terms of capabilities? performance gains are a moot point... 5-10 hp difference doesnt matter to me since my commander isnt a track car. i mainly just want to correct my speedometer and as a secondary feature get the best bang for the buck in terms of bells & whistles.

im also a bit partial to SC... so unless there's a significant benefit to DS, ill probably get the flashpaq.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would also like the answer to which one offers more

·
Registered
696 Posts
Someone mentioned adjusting the tpms sensors with DS. Does the SC have that same capability?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Superchips has a setting for when you air down your tires when off roading. It basically turns off the low tire pressure dummy light.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Superchips has a setting for when you air down your tires when off roading. It basically turns off the low tire pressure dummy light.
That's a standalone feature, like the idle control, right?

PS: the idle control is awesome for when you're doing a coolant change and you're bleeding the system!

Edit, right on the main page is some jeep specific features: https://www.superchips.com/#pn=home&hps=jeepflashpaq

1 - 17 of 17 Posts