Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Superchips regarding when they will have a Flashpaq for the 5.7L Hemi. I was told the decision would not be made until June and that it would probably be later this year at the earliest. I am not willing to wait that long to see what the Hemi is capable of so I will probably buy the programmer that is already on the market. I wanted the Superchip Flashpaq because it has the additional feature of updatability via the internet.

Also, UPS tracking shows my AEM Brute Force Intake being delivered today so I should have pictures and performance evaluation posted tommorrow.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only one currently on the market for the 5.7L Hemi is the Hypertech. Do you have any experience with this brand or know anything of its reputation? Auto Anything sells it for $285 with free shipping.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have never owned a Hypertech product, they've been around awhile but I don't know the capabilities of the unit, sorry, I can tell you what I want in a programmer is the ability to store custom tunes as well as the ability to make adjustment to timing and fuel, the ability to download tunes is also nice. The current crop of tuners usually offer gear, tire speedo correction, transmission adjustments some form of an engine code reader and an of the shelf tune or two to boost HP, this is where many make a mistake, you need to be carful that the tunes they use are all weather and bad gas safe, with the fuel and timing adjustments you should be able to make small upgrades without dyno tunes, but you could also make large changes like a blower upgrade and be able to tune for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a superchips for my 5.7 ram and it the horsepower and tq increase is minimal about 8 and 10 respectivly but what it does help the most with is the reduction in the torque management system, it pretty much removes it and makes the shifts much firmer and throttle response much peppier. i know of a few people that have the hyperchips and they get about the same hp and tq numbers but not the tms reductions. also SC has a 87 tune so you don;t have to run the factory recommended 89 octane and a 91 performance tune. hypertech requires 93 octane.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the Superchips on my 04 Ram Hemi and loved it. It wasn't the hp increase, but the driveability that was so much better. With just that and a Gibson cat back I was running a 14 sec flat quarter mile in a quad cab 2wd Ram. When I asked superchips after I got the Commander if my current programmer would work or if they plan on making one I was told they had no intent on making one and they had no idea if it would work, bu advised against it. Since the Ram and Commander share the same engine and trans (5.7/545RFE) I still don't see why it would be so difficult to adapt the Ram one to our Jeeps. I would gladly spend the money again for one for my Commander.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the Hypertech Hyperpac on my hemi. It is like a computer all by itself and you can monitor the enigne, has a dynometer, pulls and fixes any trouble codes etc. It also has a free update program they send to you if it is ever updated. So far I like it. I tried to program to a high performance mode but my computer wont do it so they are sending me the update for free to fix the problem. I will let you know of the success or not. Also, the one I have is expensive not the $280 one. As for the AEM brute force, I installed mine on Sunday and have pics posted if you need any reference. The diagram they give you is good but it doenst hurt to look at what it looks like as you progress. You will definately love the sound.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
This thread has been closed as this product is now available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.