Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive been reading the threads about the Superchips programmer. Im putting larger tires on so i need to be able to recalibrate the speedometer and correct the transmission shift points. I couldnt see that this programmer adjusts the shift points. I believe that Scott from superchips said they are working on an update for wot shift point adjustments. Is wot shift adjustment what i need to correct my transmission. Thanks, Firehawk45cal

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The reason why the transmission shift points get messed up is because of the larger tires and the computer thinking you still have the stock size tires. Once you adjust the tire size with the Flashpaq, the transmission shift points should go back to normal since the computer recognizes the larger tires.

So to answer your question, the WOT shift point adjustment wont correct your transmission. It's the tire size adjustment that will fix the problem. What they are refering to with the WOT (Wide Open Throtle) shift point is to make the transmission shift closer to red line when you mash down on the skinny pedal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts