Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received my Superlift. Should I have new JBA UCA's installed at the same time as the lift install? I'm not sure if they are necessary or even a good idea since the Superlift is supposed to return the rig to factory geometry...Will I see any benefit from new JBA UCA's in my application or should I just wait for the stockers to fail before replacing? Any other recommend suspension parts to add or replace while they are doing the Superlift install? I'll be running AEV Pintlers along with 285/70/R17 Duratracs with this lift. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would run the stock ones until they are toast. You are correct, super lift brings the geometry to stock specs but a lot higher. play with the stock ones first. (P.S. pics of install would be awesome!!!!)

·
Registered
147 Posts
how much lift is the superlift? 4"?

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
My UCA's went out about 40K after I had them put in my RC 2" lift. I had the JBA's put in 2 years later. If they have it up and are working on it, it might be cheaper but you will probably need to spend it in a while and you might take a little while to figure out what the clunking in the front is + replace bushings and things until you figure out it is the UCAs. I personally would do it now but no one can argue with keeping the existing until necessary particularly if they are in good shape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts