Jeep Commander Forum banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
ugh....I feel for ya, man. Usually, I feel like I'm the only one with this kind of "luck".

If you're gonna dive into the power steering system, make sure you DON'T use regular power steering fluid. Our Jeeps (all engines, per my manual) require a specific hydraulic fluid....has to be MS-10838 or equivalent, which there aren't many options out there. The official Mopar (68234631AA), which I was able to get on Amazon, and Penray. Links and discussion HERE

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
I'm going to check its levels...its too ironic it would start whining im hoping its low on fluids. But definitely saw that thread, thanks man.

Also started hearing a chirp this morning driving lol, definitely likely a wheel hub but having super limited funds ill see what rhe shop says Wednesday.

·
Registered
212 Posts
ha...well, if it's just low....that usually means there's a leak....but i think for all the other noises, just turn up your radio at this point! 😄😆

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Lol the ironic thing is I asked both shops prior to look for a leak and neither found one

·
Registered
212 Posts
yea....'cause your luck with these shops lately has really shined through 😆

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Ok dropped it off at a shop that specializes in tinkered and tinkering Jeeps and 4x4s :) All American Four Wheel Drive. They spent an entire day driving and listening and putting it on racks and checking everything trying to find it. Looks like it may be tcase related all around, the fluid was good but they found a good bit of metal pieces on the magnet, so found something, a more expensive something :(. Waiting for pics and parts needed.

·
Administrator
6,446 Posts
Ok dropped it off at a shop that specializes in tinkered and tinkering Jeeps and 4x4s :) All American Four Wheel Drive. They spent an entire day driving and listening and putting it on racks and checking everything trying to find it. Looks like it may be tcase related all around, the fluid was good but they found a good bit of metal pieces on the magnet, so found something, a more expensive something :(. Waiting for pics and parts needed.
Oh man......that's a tough break.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
I just hope it's it! Lol. They said all in depending on the parts would probably be around $1500, I was like holy shi**, thats half a new one lol. They better be doing a rebuild on it too. Lol.

181 - 189 of 189 Posts