Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 06 Limited with 5.7 Hemi and 83k miles. It needs some suspension work and I am pretty sure I have decided to install the Superlift 4" lift kit. My question is about the stance after the lift is installed. With all the weight of the Hemi up front I'm concerned that front will sit a bit low. What is everyone's experience with this? I was wondering if anyone has tried using the Bilstein 5100 adjustables in place of the coil shims included in the kit. This platform is new to me and all the variables are a bit overwhelming. Please help!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 2010 limited with the Hemi and put on the 4" Superlift. It leveled it out perfect. I then put on a Tactical Armor front bumper with a 10 k winch and it only put it down 3/8". So I put 3/16" spacer on top of the shock tower and back level again. It rides so much better that stock and I have the stock struts on with 40k miles. Firmer as not to bottom out but not too rough. Just right. They did it right with this lift. Rear shocks included compliment the lift. Don't think you will need Bilsteins unless yours are shot. I have posted a few pics on pictures - Black Bear Pass and Imogene Pass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts