Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Only when I go camping or on a road trip

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I am sure depending on where you live the types of kits vary. When I just drive to and from work my kit consists of winter gear, flash light, standard roadside emergency kit. When I decide I want do somewhere other than daily driving, I pack (depending on the season) is gear for the season, to include sleeping bag, the very important Poncho Liner (can't go anywhere without my woobie), food of course in the form of MREs or something that can be tossed around for awhile, & water bottles. Oh and some sort of politically correct protection device... usually a photo of Hilary Clinton is enough to scare the bears.

·
2,248 Posts
I have a roof pod that holds warm blankets, sheets, pillows and winter clothes. I also have a storage box full of survival equipment. Here is a few pictures of the stuff. See how many of the items you can identify.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Is that a emergency US Flag or kite I spy in your kit?

·
2,248 Posts
Here is a picture of the big blue thing in the corner.

·
2,248 Posts
It is a kite. One of two in the kit.

·
2,248 Posts
In addition I also have room for the 9,000 pound winch in the storage box. Above the box I carry the air compressor in a case and a large custom made first aid kit. I scrubbed in surgery for several years and can certainly suture and do minor surgery in an emergency if needed.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
Don't we already have a thread on this ?

·
2,248 Posts
Here is the winch in storage and on the front of the Commander;

·
2,248 Posts
Sorry, if you want to you can delete my posts or merge them whatever you want to do.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
Sorry, if you want to you can delete my posts or merge them whatever you want to do.
I wasn't talking specifically to you. I just thought we already had a thread like this. I haven't found it yet but I did find a thread on first aid kits that turned into a survival kit thread.

·
2,248 Posts
I searched and found one on survival kits also but it was old and could be updated by new members ideas.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i have a 72 hour kit in an army duffle bag. i usually always carry it. it has enough food for the family to survive for 3 days and eat like kings. we could survive longer if we ate less.

i also carry first aid kits, flares, matches, water bottles, my winch recovery kit, hand crank radio, coats, blankets, gloves, socks, shovel, saw, hatchet, bear spray, tools, and some other crap i can't think of. i carry it all in my storage box in the rear.

i think its a good thread. i like knowing what people use or carry with them to survive. i'm more interested in expedition style 4 wheeling. we often spend the night on a trail, and sleep in the jeep, then wake up in the morning and head out to another trail or location.

i'm going to add a .45 Cal to my collection as well for Grizzly Bears. Wyoming and Montana have open carry laws.

·
Registered
227 Posts
not quit a survival kit but i have a first aid kit, 2 flashlights, box of rubber gloves( both for first aid or repair if neccessary on the way to work) small tool kit, rain poncho, small emergency air compressor, extra blanket during winter, road flare, roll of blue shop paper towels, and a bottle opener(cause you never know).

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Off topic a touch but reguarding the winch Huey... my wife says your giving me bad ideas when I pointed out you stored your winch in the storage unit you made after remvoing the 3rd row. :(

·
2,248 Posts
Hey...I got lots of bad ideas to pass along.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Tow rope, MREs, flashlight, fire starter, e-tool, combat axe, camelback with water, backpack with geocaching goodies, poncho, work gloves, warm gloves, road flares.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Oh yeah, also a couple boxes of Thin Mints. The freeze well, and aren't too damaged by heat either.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts