Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, I have a question. I just recently finished installing my 2 inch lift and suspension replacement. No other modifications have been completed at this tome. But now my commander will not stay running, it will start but shuts off almost instantly and I have a ton of gage lights going off. If anyone has had this problem the help would be great. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Good evening, I have a question. I just recently finished installing my 2 inch lift and suspension replacement. No other modifications have been completed at this tome. But now my commander will not stay running, it will start but shuts off almost instantly and I have a ton of gage lights going off. If anyone has had this problem the help would be great. Thanks
I have never heard of any problems like this resulting from having a lift installed.

Sounds to me like whoever did the install may have damaged a wire or wires somewhere, you may want to crawl around underneath and see if you can find any obvious wire damage (pinches, kinks, breaks or cuts etc.) around the areas where these guys were working.

I would consider taking it back to whoever did the work on your Commander and ask them WTF??

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Have you tried your second key to see if something happened to the chip in the first. A bad chip will cause your truck to shut down in about 3 seconds. May or may not be related to lift. I have to assume it worked when you drove away?

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Have you tried your second key to see if something happened to the chip in the first. A bad chip will cause your truck to shut down in about 3 seconds. May or may not be related to lift. I have to assume it worked when you drove away?
I would have never thought of this.......good info @Creek.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am taking it to another shop tomorrow to see what they have to say, I did check the other key becaus a small read flashing light came on that I have never seen before and after soon looking it said that it was the security system. But sadly that has not worked either. Thanks for all the insight I will post the results after I pick it back up.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
I am taking it to another shop tomorrow to see what they have to say, I did check the other key becaus a small read flashing light came on that I have never seen before and after soon looking it said that it was the security system. But sadly that has not worked either. Thanks for all the insight I will post the results after I pick it back up.
Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good morning, so I finally have my Commander back. The issues that I was having were due to poor quality work being performed, while the shop that I had work on the suspension first was performing the work the damaged multiple connectors on the fuse box and also damaged one of the wires in the emergency break system. They also broke both of my half shafts, but all is repaired and my commander is back home. Thanks for all the help and ideas into what the problem could have been.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Good morning, so I finally have my Commander back. The issues that I was having were due to poor quality work being performed, while the shop that I had work on the suspension first was performing the work the damaged multiple connectors on the fuse box and also damaged one of the wires in the emergency break system. They also broke both of my half shafts, but all is repaired and my commander is back home. Thanks for all the help and ideas into what the problem could have been.
Sounds like I may have heard that somewhere before:

Big Blue said:
Sounds to me like whoever did the install may have damaged a wire or wires somewhere, you may want to crawl around underneath and see if you can find any obvious wire damage (pinches, kinks, breaks or cuts etc.) around the areas where these guys were working.
Anyway, glad you got all of your issues straightened out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts